• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET Has Mass Layoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, let me offer my condolences to everyone at USA Jet. I don't get on the Cargo boards much and just found this today, or I'd have posted sooner. I've been laid off twice, once from a failed carrier, and terminated without notice, so I know exactly how you're feeling and,,, it sucks. Wish there was more going on domestically. :(

Where do you think the Falcons will end up, when I got in Saturday 812 was in the hangar so that leads me to believe that they are getting them ready to go somewhere. They told me that they are not coming back, and I have a hard time believing that they are just going to park them for good.
Kalitta probably won't be getting them. There isn't much freight flying on the Falcons at all except for the DoD contract, I watch our website daily and the only Falcon that moves besides DOD seems to be the pax F20.

Can anyone tell me what it might be like working on the other side of the field at Kalitta Charters?
A few of us were waiting to get dual-qualified PIC in the F20 then they hired some off-the-street F20 CA's for a class that just started this month.

As one of the other guys mentioned, Elroy said the next class may not be until Sep/Oct, as there's not much movement of people leaving and not much in the way of new aircraft additions.

The additional Lears was actually the addition of ONE LR25 to AAS. They had pulled one off AAS back in May, down to two aircraft, then added one back the beginning of July, then added another one this last Monday, up to 4 now. The down-side is that they aren't flying as much now. What was starting to pick up with 3 airplanes is diluted to 3 trips a week with 4 aircraft. It's picking up a little, let's hope that continues, and that the contract is renewed next month.

As far as getting rid of 25's... I haven't seen the ads, so I can't comment on that. We could probably stand to sell 2, there's always 2 that are kind of sitting, one in MOR and one in YIP. If we get the other contract we're working on, that's for a 35, so we'll probably need a few more LR crews if any of the USA Jet guys have time in type and some PIC jet time.

Would you continue to chase the PIC Jet time right now, or would you take a hit and go to a stable piston prop job?
If you have the 1,000 PIC Turbine, I'd say get on with a fractional like Citation Shares or Netjets and camp out. Then again, I'm not too hip on 121 jobs these days, wish I'd have stayed put in the Fractional world when I was there to begin with. Hindsight and all...

How do you go about looking into becoming a sim instructor at Simuflight / Flight Safety?
I have a buddy who did that after quitting Omni (he hated the schedule), he just went to their websites, searched the jobs sections, and applied. Be forewarned, if they even get a WHIFF that you're seeking another job while you're there or that you might want to fly again during your interview, you're history.

I am open to all positive suggestions at this point, rent is coming due quickly.
Corporate and Charter jobs: www.willflyforfood.cc

Overseas 121 jobs: www.climbto350.com

www.propilotworld.org - yeah, I said it. Shoot me. Their jobs section is GREAT for referrals. There isn't NEARLY as much mud-slinging as there is here which isn't as much fun for entertainment value, but it's a much more professional community. That's why I only glance at the Majors board on FI, too much garbage most of the time.

FWIW, if you want to fly for Kalitta Air, DO NOT, under ANY circumstance, go to work for Charters. I am very grateful for the job they gave me, but I received an interview call at Air my 1st day in ground school at Charters (I had put resumes in at both). They wouldn't interview me at Air since I was already in Basic Indoc at Charters and the only way you can go to Air is if you go through the "flow-through program" which is, in all likelihood, a carrot that won't ever happen. Apply to Air and wait, an internal rec helps, it takes up to a month to hear back from them.

I didn't realize any other KC people were on here, Punisher, your avatar is funny, reminds me of MH in MOR, but your background says Civy, so I guess not. ;)

YIP... well,,, I'll have to say the one comment about pursuing the degree got a laugh out of me, but only momentarily, as I know this is painful for you, too. You're taking the ribbing in good grace, which says a lot about your character. Good on ya'. :)

Last edited:
A few of us were waiting to get dual-qualified PIC in the F20 then they hired some off-the-street F20 CA's for a class that just started this month.

Booooooo! j/k.......kinda.

As one of the other guys mentioned, Elroy said the next class may not be until Sep/Oct, as there's not much movement of people leaving and not much in the way of new aircraft additions.

The additional Lears was actually the addition of ONE LR25 to AAS. They had pulled one off AAS back in May, down to two aircraft, then added one back the beginning of July, then added another one this last Monday, up to 4 now. The down-side is that they aren't flying as much now. What was starting to pick up with 3 airplanes is diluted to 3 trips a week with 4 aircraft. It's picking up a little, let's hope that continues, and that the contract is renewed next month.

As far as getting rid of 25's... I haven't seen the ads, so I can't comment on that. We could probably stand to sell 2, there's always 2 that are kind of sitting, one in MOR and one in YIP. If we get the other contract we're working on, that's for a 35, so we'll probably need a few more LR crews if any of the USA Jet guys have time in type and some PIC jet time.

Jeez guys, hope DK(or the rest of mgmt) isn't reading today! Don't tell them too much!

I didn't realize any other KC people were on here, Punisher, your avatar is funny, reminds me of MH in MOR, but your background says Civy, so I guess not. ;)

We're everwhare! You will soon find out, Punisher has no idea what he is talking about most of the time.

Last edited:
What ever happened to the pax Falcon you guys had over there? If it was still around, is that going too? Also, just curious, what serial numbers were some of the freighters if anyone recalls? Just wondering.

What ever happened to the pax Falcon you guys had over there? If it was still around, is that going too?

It has been for sell for a at least a year and a half and has not flown in about 60 days. Last time I flew it one of the owners looked at his son and said, "Enjoy it while you can, this plane will not be around much longer." I didn't think much of it because I knew the Pax bird had been for sell for some time.

We also parked one of our 2 pax Lear Jets.

Netjets

A few years ago, there was a furlough at USA Jet and NetJets gave preferential treatment to those folks in the interviewing and hiring process (BH connection). Can't say that it will happen now, but maybe it's worth exploring.....

Latest resources

Back