USA JET Has Mass Layoff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi.

4 DC-9 captains were recalled in the last few days. I made phone calls to confirm this rumour.

The DO told us guys would be recalled in seniority order (the lay-offs were not). The recalls were not in seniority order.

cliff
GRB

I don't know if I buy that idea. If one of the contract guys is current it would make more since for the company to re-hire the current contract guy than to rehire someone who's currency has lapsed. I'm just looking at the history of how this all went down, every time it has been what is easiest and cost effective for the company. But that is enough negativity, I'm just stoked that some people are back to work and they can feed their families! Rock on good news!

Hi.

4 DC-9 captains were recalled in the last few days. I made phone calls to confirm this rumour.

The DO told us guys would be recalled in seniority order (the lay-offs were not). The recalls were not in seniority order.

cliff
GRB

It's good that a few guys are getting called back as there is almost no place to go for out of work professional aviators at the moment.

But, the first question that comes to mind is what's the new business plan?

NAFTA on demand auto freight is never coming back to anything that remotely resembles what it once was. The odd DOD run here or there, or a few rag tag pax runs isn't going to sustain a viable long term operation.

There's got to be a new mission for USA for it to survive. Anyone know what the new direction is going to be?

MYR Pax Charters is the force behinnd this recall

Hi!

Myrtle Beach PAX ops is using 4 pilots, which is HALF!!! of the pilot group. They also have 1 or 2 planes doing charter for some mil.civ contract, and with those 2 ops, there aren't enough pilots (surprise!). There has been no pickup in the freight flying at all.

cliff
GRB

So what happens when the contract is done?

Hi.

You're thinking WAY too far ahead. Let's make it through today, and maybe think a couple of days out.

That's about all they can handle.

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back