Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
false choice

Originally Posted by pipejockey
What a piece of sh*t company to recall out of seniority order. In other words, kiss management skank a** or else!! What a way to inspire loyalty and pride in the company you work for. Perhaps it's best if this USA Jet company just goes away.
So to make you happy, the company, which eliminated me, should go out of business and take way the jobs of 30 pilots? Not to mention another 100 non-management jobs. The fact that automotive cargo has dropped off 95% since 2000 has absolutely killed this sector of the business. In 2000 the DA-20 fleet had flown as many trips by noon on one day than the present single DA-20 flies in a month. It was the launching pad for some great careers for the pilots who passed through their doors over the years.

Please please please don't infer that USAJ, or any business, can't be bound by ethics, seniority, and best practices, and also survive. Yeah, the lowest cost unit, the one whom will bail first, shown less loyalty, should be the first to be recalled when openings happen... By their own rationale, they (the mgt folks left at USAJ) should fire themselves and rehire the lowest cost unit regardless of experience... it doesn't matter whom, just the lowest cost warm body to fill the opening.

Back to your question... don't go out of business, call back in seniority order.

Last edited:
How to do it?

Back to your question... don't go out of business, call back in seniority order.
How does one avoid going out of business, when you have no business?

How does one avoid going out of business, when you have no business?

You implied recalling in seniority order being a hindrance, and vehicle to more layoffs, like it would choke out USAJ business plan... not talking about business or lack thereof. But I see DC9s in EWR and SJU flying regularly, I read an article touting USAJ as a bright spot in the economy of MI flying charters. So diversify they must until the on-demand business returns.. and it will. Until then, the most senior most loyal pilots whom want to fly for USAJ should be afforded that opportunity, no matter how crappy.

The fact remains, they are wheeling and dealing so they can have on call pilots, versus contractors... out of seniority. So there is enough business to warrant them to do this.

Since we are calling people by name RANDY,

well, some part of the auto industry is coming back. I bought my 3K shares of FORD stock for 1.82 a few months back-closed at 7.12 todAY. sweet!! I think I'll go buy a new car. I have been LOVING life for about 18 months............the best day of my life?? feb 7, 2008. The day I walked out of usa jet forever. I consider myself fortunate to work for an honest, ethical, well managed, fun fractional airline. Our Phenom is awesome-it was great being asked to be one of the captains for that airplane at the same meeting I was asked to be Capt. in the citations. sleep well tonight-I know I will.

Congrats, good for you.

Since we are calling people by name RANDY,

well, some part of the auto industry is coming back. I bought my 3K shares of FORD stock for 1.82 a few months back-closed at 7.12 todAY. sweet!! I think I'll go buy a new car. I have been LOVING life for about 18 months............the best day of my life?? feb 7, 2008. The day I walked out of usa jet forever. I consider myself fortunate to work for an honest, ethical, well managed, fun fractional airline. Our Phenom is awesome-it was great being asked to be one of the captains for that airplane at the same meeting I was asked to be Capt. in the citations. sleep well tonight-I know I will.
Could you have made that move without the expereince you gained at USA Jet?

who is wantbe?

yes, wannabe could have just worked else where and got the same or better experience.
Since I have no idea who wantabe is, I can not comment on your input. But questionis , if they did not need the expereince or even the job, why did they make the detour of life through USA Jet?

What not to do?

to learn "what NOT to do".....we all had that.
That is correct we covered that in detail, it is important to learn what not to do. BTW How many guys you know who worked at USA Jet? None I bet, if you do know some PM me with their names, alot work with you at NJ. Otherwise you are blowing smoke

Latest resources

Back