• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET Guilt Trip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am predicting a mini hiring boom from October 2009 - July 2010.

I sure hope your right. We all need it. Any predictions for the cargo industry piotyip it sounds like you have been around long enough (not trying to be a smarta$$).

Auto Cargo dead forever

I sure hope your right. We all need it. Any predictions for the cargo industry piotyip it sounds like you have been around long enough (not trying to be a smarta$$).
If you watch the trend in auto on-demand cargo, it has been declining since 1979. It drops drastically when the economy is down. When the economy recovers it never comes back to its previous level. It may come back a little but never to its previous levels. The companies in the on-demand busienss who have survived do far have other operations that support their on-demand cargo.

My prediction is based on folks being able to collect social security, and other government assistance once they hit 62.

dont feel too bad....be glad you DONT work there....it's a real $hitty operation anyway. I know it's "employment" but, wtf...gimme a break already.

Net Jets pilot source

dont feel too bad....be glad you DONT work there....it's a real $hitty operation anyway. I know it's "employment" but, wtf...gimme a break already.
Many of your fellow NJ pilots, around 20 or so, got their start there, it was a stepping stone, there are many ways to the build time to get to NJ. USA Jet was only one of them. I still consider them my freinds and stay in touch with many of them. I have never seen a response like yours from any of the them. But then again they are gentelmen who do defame and name call in public. BTW did you take LOA, or are you one of those "I got mine, too bad about you?"

Many of your fellow NJ pilots, around 20 or so, got their start there, it was a stepping stone, there are many ways to the build time to get to NJ. USA Jet was only one of them. I still consider them my freinds and stay in touch with many of them. I have never seen a response like yours from any of the them. But then again they are gentelmen who do defame and name call in public. BTW did you take LOA, or are you one of those "I got mine, too bad about you?"

Coming from you... that's just vile.

I never said anything bad about the pilots there.....

your apology is accepted.

Next one will happen in 2012, a combination of age 65 retirements following the 2007 age 65 rule and a recovering economy. This will closely parallel the 1986-hiring boom that followed the early 1980’s layoffs. Those flying and building flight time right now will be in a good position in about 2.5 years to reap the benefit of their efforts.

yip, I would like to ask you when you feel the last hiring boom was? I say it was 1998 to 9-11 of 2001. I have a feeling you are going to say 2006-7, but I would adamantly disagree with that, because that was only at the regionals, and none of us aspired to a career at a regional. Without large scale hiring at the majors, which even they are just shells of their former selves, you can't consider there to be a hiring boom. The trickle we saw at US, UA, NWA, and the little more than a trickle we saw at Delta, CO, for a short time really doesn't count.

Sorry to digress. You may go back to either singing the praises of USA Jet(yip) or lambasting them(everybody else).

Latest resources

Back