USA Jet getting NWA -9's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rhoid said:
Randy, just a note on your tagline. I don't really like to fly and I AM in it for the money, that's why I'm going to a major. 100K that you think is large isn't krap for money.

You should try that as a pickup line...I'd bet you would impress all the ladies with that one

Best of luck, you will need it

Best of luck rhoid, I know too many pilots who tried and never made it to the majors. There is an element of luck and timing that has a greater influence on your career than skill and desire.

Last edited:
Yea flyer, the sim did need repair and upgrade. But with the removal of the DC-9 from most majors and national flying caused DC-9 sim rates to drop and made renting more practical than owning. Remember if flies, floats or is friendly it is better to rent.

Rhoid said:
You will never see $100K a year at USA Jet! I will be making that and more my second year at a major.

Actually, I believe some of the -9 Captains at USA Jet do make over 100k. And good luck making 6 figures your second year at a major. This isn't '99 anymore my little (hem)Rhoid friend. Better stop dreaming and wake up to reality.

pilotyip said:
Best of luck rhoid, I know too many pilots who tried and never made it to the majors. There is an element of luck and timing that has a greater influence on your career than skill and desire.

Hey YIP, maybe you can put your pissing match with that 16-year old aside and tell me wether that rumor (See subject) is true. Are you guys renewing your bid or not?

Don't you hate it, if some riddle wannabe hijacks your thread? ;)

Maybe Rhoid better just concentrate on learning and becoming a better pilot in his c-150 before he thinks about moving on to a major.

PCL_128 said:
Actually, I believe some of the -9 Captains at USA Jet do make over 100k. And good luck making 6 figures your second year at a major. This isn't '99 anymore my little (hem)Rhoid friend. Better stop dreaming and wake up to reality.

The majors I'm focusing on do/will make over 100K second year.

Rhoid,

I hope you're only 14 right now. Because it's going to be at least that long before there's any majors hiring in any numbers. In case you haven't noticed, there are several thousand guys on furlough. Generally speaking, in my limited experience, airlines do not hire when they have pilots on the street. Of course, I could be wrong. Ah, who am I trying to kid? I'm right!

Latest resources

Back