Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rhoid you smoking something funny

Everett Howe said:
So is USA Jet going to pick up some of the -9's NWA is going to park?

Heard a rumor USA Jet is going to renew the offer they made a while back?

Any meat to that?

While I don't have any proof, I seriously doubt anyone will be picking up the NWA DC-9s.

The ones that have been parked permanently, like the -10s and the older -30s are cycled out. There is a prohibitively expensive AD on the aft bulkhead that comes due at around 100,000 cycles. As -9s hit this limit, they are parked, and I doubt anyone who is in the market for bargain AC would want to pay 4 or 5 times the cost of the aircraft just to make it airworthy.

The others in "storage" are waiting their turn to come back as other aircraft reach the limit.

Nu

Rhoid,

I don't think you can contract out your 121 training anymore these days, I could be wrong. Plus ABX doesn't have a part 142 training certificate, they just lease the sim to other parties for training.

Buckeye said:
Rhoid,

I don't think you can contract out your 121 training anymore these days, I could be wrong. Plus ABX doesn't have a part 142 training certificate, they just lease the sim to other parties for training.

You are wrong on both parts. You can and ABX does have part 142 approval. They are in talks with USAJet about doing the DC-9 training in ILN. ABX said that USA Jet was interested in shutting down their entire DC-9 training program and using ABX for everything, GS and sims.

Rhoid wake up!

Again I do not know where you get your info or again what you are smoking. Of course USA Jet has contract with ABX, we dry lease their sims, we have been doing it for over two years. The same as we dry lease sims from FSI for our DA-20. We shut down our DC-9 simulator last year because it was more cost effective to lease than update since DC-9 sim rates have stablized. Our training is unique to our style of business. We have no intention of shifting our ground school to ILN, we have some of the finest training facilites in the airline business here at our YIP location.

Last edited:
Randy, just a note on your tagline. I don't really like to fly and I AM in it for the money, that's why I'm going to a major. 100K that you think is large isn't krap for money.

good luck Rhiod

I think you fanning the flames, however you are entitled to your opinions. But still I thing, since I have never seen it, a $100K is good money. However, you can not define someone else's success. I am living my dream and other than some potential missed opportunities, I would not change one thing I have done. It has been an adventure from day one. Also if you do not like to fly this can be a miserable career. If this attitude is detected at the major airline during in the interview process, you may find getting one of those high paying jobs is not all that easy.

pilotyip said:
We shut down our DC-9 simulator last year because it was more cost effective to lease than update since DC-9 sim rates have stablized.
Is that what you call it when the thing is really broken? ;-) I do imagine that the rates have changed since USA Jet first got the sim back in what, 2000?

iaflyer

Latest resources

Back