• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA JET extends maintenance checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aboout 13 years ago, I got to enjoy some deferred maintenance first hand. The APU was MEL'd, and the circuit breaker was pulled & collared because it was due an inspection. I ended up in Hermosillo, and it was 115 degrees. Shortly after we shutdown the engines, we were informed that there was going to be a customs delay of 3 to 4 hours. We were not permitted to leave the plane.

On another note, if you do have an apu, the DC-9 gets nice and cool up front if you close the outflow valve & crack open the cockpit windows.

A lot of that going around

I didnt say anything about the pilot training. Maybe you shouldn't post anymore, it makes you look kinda stupid...sorry
Again isn't stupid a pre-req. for posting on FI? And name calling again is in the highest traditions of FI, you fit in perfectly, keep up the good work your posts brings all to a higher level of understanding. Your ability to boil down a complex issue into a few quickly launched harpoons is unsurpassed. We are all blessed to have you in our lives. BTW I was talking about FAA reg. compliance, training fits into that definition and in my humble opinion is an acceptable way to illustrate a point.

Last edited:
dont worry about what I do, you got enough problems of your own.

If you dont know why i targeted you then you probly dont deserve to know in the first place.

think about it.

Again Classic FI style

dont worry about what I do, you got enough problems of your own.

If you dont know why i targeted you then you probly dont deserve to know in the first place.

think about it.
Why you are becoming an FI classic

All FAA legal and the same thing they have been doing for years. Kinda like training at NJ, all FAA legal but not really as good as it could be, source NJ pilots who have been through a real training program, like USA Jet

Its not really the same thing they have been doing for years. Sure its legal but that doesn't mean its good. USA JET had a great maintenance staff, with the exception of a few butt kissers and yes men. They still have a few good guys there that have their hands full trying to keep these aging aircraft from falling from the sky. Pushing inspection times further and further away is, in ones opinion, not a good move. Those 35-40 year old planes need more attention as they get older not less. This is another way management can line the pockets of the owners/investors. This time at the expense of safety. You say FAA legal, but what it really comes down to is greed for the all mighty dollar. :(

Greed is good

Its not really the same thing they have been doing for years. Sure its legal but that doesn't mean its good. USA JET had a great maintenance staff, with the exception of a few butt kissers and yes men. They still have a few good guys there that have their hands full trying to keep these aging aircraft from falling from the sky. Pushing inspection times further and further away is, in ones opinion, not a good move. Those 35-40 year old planes need more attention as they get older not less. This is another way management can line the pockets of the owners/investors. This time at the expense of safety. You say FAA legal, but what it really comes down to is greed for the all mighty dollar. :(
Greed allows rich people to buy fractional shares at places like NJ, thus providing a bunch of very good jobs. What can be bad about that?

Latest resources

Back