USA JET extends maintenance checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Porky

A few months after the company laid off 2/3 of its work force they found out that they didn't have enough mechanics to maintain the fleet. Imagine that. Nor did they have enough pilots to fly them. So the company extended the maintenance checks on its aircraft. Instead of pre-fighting the aircraft every three days they now check them once a week. They also increased the C-check from 3 years to 4 years, just so they woundn't have to do a C-check on a DC-9 which was due, and already parked. Now thats doing buisness. Lets see, last time I checked their aircraft average age was between 35 to 40 years old. I guess they are running with the saying, "everything gets better with age." Well that might be true with wine but not with aircraft. Once again USA JET finds a way to save money. "Don't look at the planes as often and they won't break," seems to be managements new saying. :puke:

yeah ive said before that is real sh1tty operation over there. too bad too. This just proves it more and more.

All FAA legal and the same thing they have been doing for years. Kinda like training at NJ, all FAA legal but not really as good as it could be, source NJ pilots who have been through a real training program, like USA Jet

All FAA legal and the same thing they have been doing for years. Kinda like training at NJ, all FAA legal but not really as good as it could be, source NJ pilots who have been through a real training program, like USA Jet

your obsession makes you look psychotic.

Pre-req

your obsession makes you look psychotic.
Isn't that pre-req to posting on FI, along with bad-mouthing, name-calling, ignoring reality and other anti-social behavior? I just happen to be very proud of my mentoring role in helping pilots get their careers started, so they could go to places like JB, DAL, Spirit, NJ, etc. I don't of any of the pilots with which I have worked closely that have any problem with what I have done.

Last edited:

I didnt say anything about the pilot training. Maybe you shouldn't post anymore, it makes you look kinda stupid...sorry

I have always heard that the DA 20 program there is thorough.

I've heard as much as well.

No BS; I'm fairly confident guys like Pilotyip could make *most* in professional aviation his b1tch and outfly the hell out of them.

There was certainly nobody with those kinds of credentials where I came from flying the DA-20, and I think it was more representative of the norm outside of a place like USAJet.

Latest resources

Back