• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Wholly-owned done for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing worse than this is to be bought by mesa. Then both us and mainline can get stamped to the bottom of the seniority list ( that is if we were even given a job) . ALG just came out with our reduction bid for July 1st. Does anyone know if reduction means furlough or termination for the guys who didn't make the cut like myself ?

You will be fired if the mainline guys take your job. You will be furloughed if they go to MESA. The reason is an ALPA pilot can't take another ALPA job if said carrier has pilots on furlough. If they did they would be a SCAB!!!

His message is true, I was there. Should have heard my teeth hit the floor after his comments.

Ok, i was hoping that I wouldnt have to ask this but the end is in sight my friends. Who's hiring?

I know what they say about an airline pilot isnt one until he is furloughed a couple of time but, man this is rediculous.

Some guys are getting a couple in one year.

"Hey Mav, what was that # of that truck driving school"?

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** I knew it!! I'm sorry to hear that for the wholly-owned pilots. I knew all along that we were all in this boat together and I said a while back, that "USAIR WILL EAT THEIR YOUNG!" Looks like the track record for Siegel is coming to front again. Where he put the express operation at CAL under one flag so to speak.

GOOD LUCK GUYS.... I've been on furlough for now 23 days and it sux!!

328dude said:
His message is true, I was there. Should have heard my teeth hit the floor after his comments.

Ok, i was hoping that I wouldnt have to ask this but the end is in sight my friends. Who's hiring?

328dude, I assume your at PSA Airlines, which I have a few friends there, and I am curious what this means for you guys? I notice that PDT and ALG are firing pilots and getting rid of the props, but I have not heard this of PSA. As a matter of fact I heard that PSA just renewed there prop leases. Also a friend who is already furloughed from his airline, just got furloughed Monday from PSA and all future classes cancelled. Of course the Director of Operations came into there class last week and told them he thought "PSA would get at least 30 jets", only to then fulough the whole class Monday.

Remember guys time is time and try to get as much PIC turbine as you can, as I have friends who are furloughed and would love to have the chance at Jet Blue or Southworst, but can't because of the jump they made before they had the 1000 hours of PIC. I wish this was all a bad dream for you guys, but its not, and once we start hiring I will gladly help anyone out.

True?

Hey 328dude not to start anything but I'm hearing from other people that he didn't say this and its not true. Anyway I plan on asking him in PHL on the 28th.

I wish it wasent true my friend. I hope you get a diffrrent response and Seigal thinks diffrently about things when you ask him the same question.

As far as PSA goes? Hmmm, not real sure. Only the 8 guys are on the list so far and so far that's the only one's. As far as getting jets......I'll believe it the first time I write one up in the can. God, i hope it does and everybody from PDT and ALG get to come back, but very doughtful right now. PSA is very hush hush about things and or VP of OPS has been in closed doors the last four days. Something is brewing and I hope it's a good thing.

I've met alot of the AA guys that are back with us. All great guys. I hate to see any of them get furloughed or anybody for that fact but twice in one year really scratches the monkeys arse.

Flyin@500agl:

This is the Piedmont Pilot update for Wednesday May 22, 2002.

There are three new items in this update.

Item one, USAirways road show. Today USAirways CEO David Siegel conducted the first of several road shows in Charlotte. The road show consisted of a Power Point presentation that outlined the challenges and choices facing USAirways, followed by a question and answer session. Most of the Power Point presentation was conducted from the letter that was sent out to all employees last Thursday May 16th. During the question and answer portion of the presentation, a question was posed to Mr. Siegel regarding the upstart of Potomac airlines and regional jets. He was asked why the company is once again starting up Potomac airlines and bringing in a new management team and employees, when he has three highly capable wholly owned airlines that are furloughing pilots and returning aircraft to their lessor. All this in the middle of talks of needing to save money to preserve USAirways. His response was that he was more concerned about preserving 11,000 mainline jobs, and that Potomac airlines will provide mainline furloughees with a job. He went on to say that these furloughees would provide Potomac with "experienced jet pilots." He also said that the wholly owned airlines were costing the company more money over the past few years, and it was cheaper to operate flights using the contract carriers. Mr. Siegel said that the wholly owned carriers were offered the chance to negotiate for the RJ's, but that all three said no.

Your MEC was extremely shocked by Mr. Siegel's comments today in light of the fact that we've been negotiating with USAirways and Piedmont management for the last three weeks and as recently as this afternoon. The proposal we presented to management last week is still on the table and waiting their approval, regardless of Mr. Siegel's comments. Your MEC Chairman has contacted Piedmont management, USAirways MEC Chairman Chris Beebe, and ALPA President Duane Woerth in an effort to understand Mr. Siegel's statement and ask for clarification. More information will follow in the coming days.

Yah I herd it last night

Like I sad I'm not trying to start anything but it sounds a little fishy to me and some others out there. Anyway like I said I'll ask again when he is in phl. Also if we are costing him $$$$ then why hasn't himself or Wolf (in the past) shut us down. We all know that they would do it if we wern't making money.

Latest resources

Back