• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I don't think there's too much worry about the furloughee on the street wanting to be in class, since he will have already bypassed. I do agree that accepting and then resigning at the latest possible date if you don't decide to go back would be best, though not really the most upstanding thing to do. Personally I'll probably accept and then plan on a definite notification to them 2 weeks out if I decide against going back, just as if I was resigning from an active position.

That's funny, "Dougie", has been stalling this whole thing for a year and a half, but in the 3 weeks since the arbitrator made his decree it has now somehow become all the East's fault.

I hope you didn't get that from me. Let's face it, the East is peeved and it looks like it will be a long while before operations are integrated because of that. But yes, to this point it was definitely management's delay on the contract talks.

However a few might have held on to their 190 position for whatever reason (can't really think of one, except seniority, they'd be fairly sr. 190 f/o, possibly block holder I guess)

Also talked to a guy that was 10 from bottom of the '99 hires. He said Charmane told him to expect a call back for "take it or leave it" next week.

Seniority...QOL, live in base...12 month seat lock...

Did I mention QOL?

T8

Not sure how many, but originally the 190 positions went down into the PDT guys, but alot of those positions were for classes in the future. (they filled all the 190 slots for the remainder of the year before starting recall of the 160 on this bid) The company then stated, that if you had a 190 slot, and hadn't started class, when a grp II position came open, you could move up to grp II. So since they have hit bottom, I would imagine the majority of them are moving up to grp II and vacating those 190 positions. However a few might have held on to their 190 position for whatever reason (can't really think of one, except seniority, they'd be fairly sr. 190 f/o, possibly block holder I guess)

Also talked to a guy that was 10 from bottom of the '99 hires. He said Charmane told him to expect a call back for "take it or leave it" next week.

Is that in reference to the PDT guys that orig. went to midatlantic?

Is that in reference to the PDT guys that orig. went to midatlantic?

Yes.

BTW, they are almost back up through the former CEL pilots as they work up with take it or leave it offers. Charmane said final offer letters are being sent out now. Most of the CEL pilots are working for J4J carriers and are frozen, so they can accept recall but won't actually go now. This recalls a lot of pilots without actually filling classes.

An update.

The company has sent out 100 letters to the most junior pilots that has by-passed recall. They must accept a July 16th class or give up their number... Not sure how high up the list it goes, but I'll post if I find out...

Interesting. By the time the postal service finds some of these guys they will have less than a week to make their decisions. Sheesh.

Interesting. By the time the postal service finds some of these guys they will have less than a week to make their decisions. Sheesh.

They have 7 days from receipt of the letter to respond. Since it's certified, the day they sign for it starts the 7 day clock. Not sure how long they wait until they consider them uncontactable. They are supposed to provide valid contact info to the company. But it's not 7 days from when the company mails the letter...

Latest resources

Back