• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You want to see something funny? Watch what happens when they go back up the list with the "take it or leave it" offer and then no-show the class. I'm betting no-shows will be 50% or better on recall classes staffed on the way back UP the list.

If the class isn't until August or September, why tell them "no thanks" right now? Accept the class and hold on to that last possibility for as long as possible.

yeah, wonder how many guys are going to say yes, then not show just to spite the company.

then again, beware who you piss off today in this industry - for its a small world and you just may be sitting across from the same guy in an interview someday - or in his/her right seat.

what kind of timeframe do people have to respond to the letter? Also when are these recalled pilots going to be in class? Finally is there a link on the hub that shows names and awards of the recalls? Thanks....

Well atleast this is one positive thing going on at AAA right now.

It was 7 days to accept or pass however, with no passing anymore it'll be " yes or no" when the phone rings.

Two July classes and at least one in Aug currently being filled.

No link on the hub but the previous bid award shows who got what.

It's not about spiting the company Lear. It's about hanging on to that number until the very last second.

If the classdate it 3 months from now -- well, a lot can change in 3 months. Why give up the number until the day my very last opportunity to go to class begins?

"Please remember we still have 1,469 pilots on furlough, 276 pilots have been recalled and on May 14th, the most junior seniority number was 4,437 with a seniority date of October 25, 1999."

I'm on the list of thanks, but no thanks. Jul '99 hire. Don't want to be junior to an '05 guy. I don't care how you slant it to make you sleep better at night, it just aint right.

Good!! Wish there were more like you. Get out, go away and don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.:rolleyes: We don't need your kind around here.

Thanks for the reply!

Any ideas of how long it would take for a poolie to hold PHX after being hired? (pure speculation I understand.)

I forgot to add:

This may be bad for you; as I said I suspect you'll get a call soon - BUT - it will most likely be for the 190 in PHL or at best a G2 slot in the East. If the East continues their tactics of delay to stall a single list/operation it may be a long time before you could go West (since you'd be restricted to the East operation until the operations are merged).

Good luck

We will see what happens; things sure seem dynamic right now!

Thanks for all the responses.

Latest resources

Back