Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAL EWR B737

US Pilots Joe Lepore and Jan Paladino Home Safe

Sorry for the late post. I have been away from a computer for some time.

Someone please find the link to the video news coverage of yesterdays historic event and post it as there was quite a bit of news media present.

On Saturday, December 9, 2006 I was honored to be invited by ExcelAire President Bob Sherry to join 200 family, friends and colleagues of Joe Lepore and Jan Paladino to meet Joe and Jan's aircraft upon arrival from Brazil in Islip New York.

It was a very emotional time and great celebration seeing these two heroes come back home! I was very honored to meet both Joe and Jan for the first time and was able to talk with them for quite a few minutes. I did my best to relay to the both of them the huge outpouring of support and assistance from their peers on this and other aviation forums. I told them we were all so proud of them and extremely happy for their safe return.

I have so much more to say on yesterdays event but unfortunately it will have to wait a day or so until I have time to gather my thoughts. Yesterday was a very emotional day and being away from home on a computer from kinko's I can't do this justice with only a few paragraphs.

To everyone on this forum who took the time to write your elected leaders and who kept Joe and Jan in you prayers and thoughts THANK YOU!

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron

Sorry for the late post. I have been away from a computer for some time.

Someone please find the link to the video news coverage of yesterdays historic event and post it as there was quite a bit of news media present.

On Saturday, December 9, 2006 I was honored to be invited by ExcelAire President Bob Sherry to join 200 family, friends and colleagues of Joe Lepore and Jan Paladino to meet Joe and Jan's aircraft upon arrival from Brazil in Islip New York.

It was a very emotional time and great celebration seeing these two heroes come back home! I was very honored to meet both Joe and Jan for the first time and was able to talk with them for quite a few minutes. I did my best to relay to the both of them the huge outpouring of support and assistance from their peers on this and other aviation forums. I told them we were all so proud of them and extremely happy for their safe return.

I have so much more to say on yesterdays event but unfortunately it will have to wait a day or so until I have time to gather my thoughts. Yesterday was a very emotional day and being away from home on a computer from kinko's I can't do this justice with only a few paragraphs.

To everyone on this forum who took the time to write your elected leaders and who kept Joe and Jan in you prayers and thoughts THANK YOU!

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron

Why heroes???

They landed an airplane that was missing part of a wing and part of an elevator. OK, maybe not heroes, how about "good airmen"?

I know one of the pilots, Jan he is a great guy. I went through training with him at eagle when I transfered from the ATR to the EMB. I know he is a great pilot and a even better person. Hope to buy him a beer when the dust settles.

Anybody who lists all the versions of the mighty Beech 1900 that they flew has to be a jerk...jerk.

Move to Brazil.

Anybody who deems them self to be the Grand Poobah of who is and isn't a jerk based on the aircraft variants they choose to list is a jerk, jerk. Move to the back of the plane.

Latest resources

Back