• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US House passes bill restricting action against Boeing's 787 Charleston line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keynesian economics is a ticket to a failed Economy and a Failed country.

Your leftist whining dribble is entertaining though.....

It seems like most Americans are missing the forest for the trees.

The free-market is there whether you like it or not. The Global Market is there whether you like it or not...Whether you believe in it or not...kind of like Plate Tectonics.

You can erect barriers to people making money in this country "to protect the little guy" but all you get, if anything, is a short term fix, but long-run it causes an even faster rush for the exits and prevents capital from flowing in.

If you build the cars in China and just sell them here...you say "then who will buy them if we don't have jobs"...the question shoud be who IN AMERICA is going to buy them if we don't have jobs...and the answer is eventually NOBODY but the most wealthy. But the part you are missing is that from the viewpoint of Chrysler it sells as much or more cars at higher margins, making more money. CHRYSLER DOES NOT CARE IF IT EVENTUALLY SELLS ANY CARS IN THE US.

You See Chrysler's plant in China just increased the standard of living in China. That small change in the global allignment of capital increased the demand for things the Chinese want....causing factories and stores to be built supplying things that Chinese want...making more and more Chinese wealthy as they satisfy the Chinese workers demand for more and more stuff...allowing more of them, at first just the wealthy but it will trickle down later, to buy more and better Chrysler cars...RIGHT THERE IN CHINA.

Remember,selling anything to the wealthiest 20% of Chinese is the same as selling to the entire US population sheer numbers wise.

If the general public continue to believe the continued rantings of the media, unions, and politicians, we are in real trouble.

The problem with that is there will eventually be less and less opportunity for people to become rich in the US, and thus less rich people, and less American companies to sell things to foreigners. You still MUST have a viable middle-class, and that means not ********************ting on American workers, something the GOP hasn't figured out how to do.

It is a ticket to a failed country and failed economy.
and the perfect union country of England does not result in the same thing? Unions have a good track record of destroying companies with unsustainable demands, reference GM, US Steel, Wyandott Chemical, etc

and the perfect union country of England does not result in the same thing? Unions have a good track record of destroying companies with unsustainable demands, reference GM, US Steel, Wyandott Chemical, etc
If it all would be so simple... If I look at big $$$ industry in another country, like the car industry in Germany, manufacturers like Audi, BMW, Opel (GM), Porsche, VW etc. and their rather strong unions, your argument of blaming unions for a company heading south just doesn't cut it...

If I look at your text book example UK, it appears that UK companies couldn't compete with the rest. How can that be just the unions fault?

Last edited:
If it all would be so simple... If I look at big $$$ industry in another country, like the car industry in Germany, manufacturers like Audi, BMW, Opel (GM), Porsche, VW etc. and their rather strong unions, your argument of blaming unions for a company heading south just doesn't cut it...
not an expert of German unions, but I read someplace there is an agency in Germany that has final say on union contracts. The contract must increase productivity to offset any wage/benefit increases. Unlike the UAW where you got paid for not working. Yes they are a very strong union country, but are bound my tradition to Trade Craft, where going to a trade school after a few years of High School is a chosen career path. As opposed to the US where if you don't go to college you are looked down upon.

Read the Wagner Act, commonly known as the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). It's been the law of the land since 1935.

How are they threatening/interfering with union members rights? If I was a corporate management, and it was cheaper for me to run an operation out of CHS, then SEA, then I'd move the operation to CHS. As for those unionized workers, they should be offered to move with the job. If they don't want to move, then tough.

You mean like SWA, Ford, Delta... Companies go bk from bad management first and foremost.

Tell me, are we doing so much better than England? How about Germany? How about Canada?

It is funny, the US is the most right wing of all industrialized nations, yet our advantage over those same industrialized nations continues to erode...

How does our quality of life ratings rank among industrialized nations? How about our education? Why is it that other nations with gobument education kick our ass? Why do we get less vacation time than other industrialized nations? Why is our health care system rated so low (except the Rush Limbaugh health care rating agency)?

Sorry, we are not losing our advantages because of center-left policies. The rest of the world is catching us, or passing us by using center-left policies. Hard right ideology is holding us back and killing our middle class. All income growth in America has gone to the top 2-3% of citizens. It is NO coincidence that this coincides with the decline in our nation generally.

not an expert of German unions, but I read someplace there is an agency in Germany that has final say on union contracts. The contract must increase productivity to offset any wage/benefit increases. Unlike the UAW where you got paid for not working. Yes they are a very strong union country, but are bound my tradition to Trade Craft, where going to a trade school after a few years of High School is a chosen career path. As opposed to the US where if you don't go to college you are looked down upon.

Ford and GM are strong, Chrysler is coming back. All still union. Poor management and poor products ruin companies. You always conveniently seem to forget that management and product selection/development are important, only those darned line employees ruin companies.

By the way, we have had the Bush tax cuts since 2001 and 2003. Obama extended ALL of them, and lowered payroll taxes. We have had all these tax CUTS in place for years. Tax rates on "job creators" have been far lower than Clinton era (good job creation under the higher tax rates) for a decade.

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

Read the Wagner Act, commonly known as the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). It's been the law of the land since 1935.
Hey we are alpa, you need to read the Wagner act, it does not apply to the rights of a company to open plants, period.

The WA only applies to companies interfering in union business.

Latest resources

Back