US Express carriers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ChinaClipper said:
Just ask any mainline guy who had a job at ROA, DAY etc, got chased back to the hubs over the years, and now is SOL.
They should not be paying Joe ramper so much money that he is willing to commute 300 miles to do the job. That is part of the problem here folks.

Anyway, good luck to all involved with US Airways, we are going to need it.

Peace,

Skeezer

48 700's

PalmettoPilot said:
PSA is scheduled to send 48 CRJ700's to CLT starting Nov 1. (was Oct 1). Whose routes will they be flying?

MESA, CHQ?
Usually I just ignore strange rumors but I had to comment here. PSA doesn't have any 700's. We have 5 (6?) 701's last time I checked and we certainly won't have 48 of those anytime soon to put in CLT or anywhere else.

By the way.. did you guys see the pictures of our latest 701 with the Star Alliance paint job?

hmm....post a link if you know of any pics of it anywhere. i havent seen anything yet out there.

I guess I could see USAirways shrinking a bit and not needing all of the contract carrier's airplanes, but I can't see the contract carriers going away unless there is a liquidation. I just read that Embraer suspended new shipments and I would have to guess that Bombardier has done the same (don't know for sure). If there is no financing available to bring in new airplanes, then there is no way for the contract carriers to be replaced. Good luck to all involved (that includes me).

Bombardier said on Sunday that its total aircraft deliveries for the current fiscal year would not be affected by US Airways' filing for bankruptcy protection.

Do you suppose that CHQ/RP will be getting thoes planes that EMB will not deliver to MidAtlantic?????

CRJ701s

<<PSA doesn't have any 700's. We have 5 (6?) 701's last time I checked and we certainly won't have 48 of those anytime soon to put in CLT or anywhere else.>>

Weasil, thanks for the correction. 701's it is. 700's is what was quoted to our interview class by one of the DAY CPs. Same source for the quote on 48 of the 70 seat CRJs (701); and from company info 701 schedule is to deliver 2 per month until next OCT then 3 per month. Nov 1 was what we were told to expect for the CLT base to open.

Also, not sure if you heard this one or not. It came from an instructor in DAY. When PSA went to pick up a new 701 from Bombardier on Tuesday they were sent home without it. I guess there will be at least a slight delay until some of the dust settles. (maybe a long delay).

I second that

aewanabe said:
don't come to Flightinfo looking for reassurance; it's a good way to get heartburn :) I give it 2 more posts before some jackass starts ranting about contract carriers and hoping you lose your job.
I second that, I come on here asking for some advice..and some douche bag starts rippin on me because I'm a little frustrated. You'll end up all pissed off and worried that you'll never have a job again.

PalmettoPilot

Couple of corrections for ya. CLT Base will not open in November. The plane that was to be delivered earlier in the week was a 200 and yes it was not delivered. Don't know if that means anything... probably not... it's not the first time an airplane wasn't able to be delivered due to some kind of last minute maintenance problem or something. You are probably right though... this one was probably due to dust settling from Sunday's announcement.

The number 48 you heard was referring to expected deliveries, but remember, a month or two ago we were expecting 55 200's and now that's not happening. Stuff changes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back