Us Airways????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Little Duece,

I hear ya brother. In many ways it is the stronger person who rides out the tough times awaiting a recall, rather than jumping ship at a quick opportunity. Check this board in three years. If history repeats SWA'ers will be in hiring pools with other airlines.

I don't work for US Airways, but it makes me sick to read negativity directed to any airline by the pilot group. There is nothing to be gained by this.

When US Airways recovers, enjoy the reward for your loyalty thru a contract never to be rivaled by a low fare operator.

Cut Flufdriver some slack !

It's all about US air's management. Not the pilots.

P.S. SWA will be around as long as it's management keeps thinking "outside the Box".

Once upon a time there was an up-and-coming airline that was the darling of Wall St. Always made a profit, hired pilots every year and never furloughed. Lauded for being the most fiscally conservative carrier in the industry with the strongest balance sheet. Pilots were quitting Eastern, TWA, and Pan Am to come and work for this company and check out to the left seat in 5 years and enjoy one of the best lifestyles and working agreements in the industry. There was just no stopping these guys....until reality set in in the early 90's for this airline, USAir.

If anyone in this industry, and I don't care who he works for, thinks he's got it made in the shade and is in a position to look down his nose and mock the "have nots", then that person simply shows his ingnorance of history. Remember, "How the mighty have fallen".

Gloating ain't cool.

....and they'll be looking for DOH at other (far more healthy) carriers when they collapse into the break-up mode. Just like TWA they'll say " we WERE a respectable airline until our management ran us into the ground". Maybe so, but if part of your carcass is recesutated by other "healthy" carriers it will be unrealistic to expect a red carpet. Good Luck, U will sooner or later "pop up" like regular toast.

Why do some people seem to take pleasure in the misfortune of others? US Airways isn't anywhere close to being gone yet, and may yet end up being a very strong carrier (look at Continental). No one ever knows where the industry will go, so it is bad form to make prognostications (this applies especially to us ignorant drivers).

Nobody (at least nobody reasonable) wants any carrier to fail -- it is only bad for all of us. And, if a carrier does get into difficulty, you can't blame the employees of the bought carrier. Just like the U-UAL managements never asked me my opinion on that aborted merger, the TWA-AMR managements never asked any of my TWA-AAL friends their opinions.

It makes no sense to sling mud -- the job is too much fun to let it get you down.

And, like reepicheep says, "gloating ain't cool."

Flufdriver, its sad that you have to bash other airlines. If you saw one of your family members out on the street, would you post something like that about them? Sick. You know how this industry works and it is very unstable. We all need to stick together. Flufdriver, seeing as how SWA is, you should be talking in the regionals section. When you actually need a passport to fly and you are flying a plane that doesn't have SWEET orange hubcaps, come back in here and talk. Flufdriver you can't piss like a puppy when you want to run with the big dogs! I hope you never cross my desk when you need a job at our airline when your goes tits up.

Thank you!

I really thought I was going to get slamed by some for my previous post.

Thanks for all the support!

Cut Fluf Some Slack

Hey guys I didn't think JR ment the post(s) in ill will. He's just copying them from the Allegheny Pilots email loop. Those posts have been going around for a couple of days. In fact I think one was written by one of our pilots.

Also look at Flufs quals, he used to be one of us (13+ at ALG) and was lucky enough to get out while the gettin was good.

Little Duece - I really feel for the way you guys were treated in this whole deal, I'm truely sorry, I looked forward to flying with you guys but it looks like I'll be downgraded when you guys get the ax. O well so much for the 1000 pic and SWA dream for now (gettin the downgrade 200 hours short). It sucks for all of us.
I helped a good friend get a job here in Jan 02 and know he'll be on the street too, I feel like an ass.

Hey I see the DHC-7 in your quals, did you fly for Ransome out of PNE? I sure miss him, he was a great guy/pilot.

reepicheep - Fukin' A brother, Amen to that

"If anyone in this industry, and I don't care who he works for, thinks he's got it made in the shade and is in a position to look down his nose and mock the "have nots", then that person simply shows his ingnorance of history. Remember, "How the mighty have fallen"."

Take Care

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back