• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to start accepting apps.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmmmm...let's see, commute to PHL, sit reserve on a regional jet, and finally break $50 buck and hour at year 5....don't think so. Doesn't sound like a legacy carrier to me. But maybe that 5 year upgrade could happen????:cool:

Hmmmmm...let's see, commute to PHL, sit reserve on a regional jet, and finally break $50 buck and hour at year 5....don't think so. Doesn't sound like a legacy carrier to me. But maybe that 5 year upgrade could happen????:cool:

You probably wont be on reserve long at all on the E190.

5 year upgrade will happen, but you might be on reserve... you should probably pass.

Last edited:
You probably wont be on reserve long at all on the E190.

5 year upgrade will happen, but you might be on reserve... you should probably pass.

After looking at the big picture, Virgin, Spirit, and JetBlue far outweigh the risk involved vs. USAIR. Maybe in a year things will be different. Far too risky of a move for me right now. But for a regional FO...it is worth the risk. You're right....I will pass. For now.

less than 1 year on property, been A320 and B737 FO. $57 an hour in 2 months. Your math sucks.

It's a tough call. I live near PHL but am just starting regional CA pay (70 - 80.000/yr).

I could deal with a few years at < 50.000 (wife's got a good job) but what if they shrink and furlough? Just worried that a merger or a reduction in flying for USAir might be more likely than it would happen at the regional where I work now.

Might be better to keep building TPIC. No?

It's a tough call. I live near PHL but am just starting regional CA pay (70 - 80.000/yr).

I could deal with a few years at < 50.000 (wife's got a good job) but what if they shrink and furlough? Just worried that a merger or a reduction in flying for USAir might be more likely than it would happen at the regional where I work now.

Might be better to keep building TPIC. No?

I am in the same boat... its tempting buuuuuuuut... I will have to think long and hard about accepting a job there if offered one. It would be a good problem to have.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back