• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to start accepting apps.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, Hired east stay east until there is a merged contract and seniority list. And BTW 190 is PHL base only...

What people need to understand is the 190 is the airplane you want to start on. Through a strange quirk you will most likely make more money the first year than you would on the 737 or bus. Also, if things start moving fast you will quickly get off reserve. I've stayed on the airplane a bit longer than some people my seniority since I commute and this month, for example, I work 12 days. Also seem to get a very high amount of trips bought (had three or four already this month).

Interesting..I thought the pay capped out at $55 for an F/O? How does the "quirk" work?

I threw in my app..curious to see how soon the calls go out

Interesting..I thought the pay capped out at $55 for an F/O? How does the "quirk" work?

I threw in my app..curious to see how soon the calls go out

It's a first year only quirk. Hourly pay on the 737 and 320 is very low (like $29 per hour) but there is a $3000 per month minimum. Pay on the 190 is about $41 per hour so if you work more than 73 or so hours per month you make more than you would on the other airplanes.

I have a very hard time believing that only 400 people applied. Anyone got a confirmation on that or a source? They're only hiring what 52 people anyway. I applied and I hope they call.

What people need to understand is the 190 is the airplane you want to start on. Through a strange quirk you will most likely make more money the first year than you would on the 737 or bus. Also, if things start moving fast you will quickly get off reserve. I've stayed on the airplane a bit longer than some people my seniority since I commute and this month, for example, I work 12 days. Also seem to get a very high amount of trips bought (had three or four already this month).

People on first year pay will most likely be on reserve and not fly much though. My first year on the 190 I cleared $35k and some change. I would have actually made a few hundred more flying a Group II aircraft. The difference is so little that people should make any choice that they have based on where they want to be based. On second year pay that all changes and Group II aircraft pay is much better. I agree with you though that newhires will become line holders quickly on the 190.

On a side note, how are you able to only work 12 days? Even with SAP I'm working 15 days this month.

People on first year pay will most likely be on reserve and not fly much though. My first year on the 190 I cleared $35k and some change. I would have actually made a few hundred more flying a Group II aircraft. The difference is so little that people should make any choice that they have based on where they want to be based. On second year pay that all changes and Group II aircraft pay is much better. I agree with you though that newhires will become line holders quickly on the 190.

On a side note, how are you able to only work 12 days? Even with SAP I'm working 15 days this month.

I actually didn't SAP for May since the line was only 3 four day trips.

First year pay on group 2 is the greater of $24.99 per hour or $3000 per month. On the 190 it is the greater of $41.22 per hour or $3000 per month. How could you have made more on group II? You have to get 120 hours in a group II in order to break the 3K per month. However, once you earn more than 72 hours you break the 3K on the 190.

Latest resources

Back