• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey smart guy. With over half of there pilot group retireing in the next 5 years do you really think you would be a 15 years Emb-190 Capt at USair. The point that keeps guys interviewing there right now is the fact that you will be a Captain on a heavy in 6-7 years. So do yourself a favor and ask yourself where you want to be in 7 years. In 15 years at pinnacle you will be flying a crj900 for $99/hr give or take a few bucks, (New contract etc) maybe. In 7 years at Airways you will be an A-330 capt. makeing $153 an hour, with more small raises comeing in your future. Worst case scenario you are an A-330 FO makeing $101/hr with a long term potential to make a lot more.

So the real question comes down to how old you are and how well you think you can tell the future. If you are 30 I would call you an idiot for not going and taking the chance. If you are 45+ I would say stay put, hope for the best, pay off all your debt, put as much into your retirement as possible and you will probably retire ok.

Psst............. If a word ends with an -e, take off the -e and add -ing. :cool:

No word yet. New hire classes and/or interviews have been pushed back a little, now the end of first quarter of '12. Additional rumors of getting the 10 E190s back from Republic. Hang in there!

On the last round do you know by chance what the times and backgrounds of the people who were hired?

I just looked at the app i filled out from last time to see if i could update my stuff and it just says not selected, try other positions. Do others profiles say that as well until they open the app window again?

Same thing for me.

Ignorance is bliss.

A. I'm not embarrassed personally. I have no dog in this fight, except that its hard to justify higher payrates for my 37 seat turboprop when Republic is flying aircraft 3 times as big for lower rates.
B. Where are you getting all your salary info? Guesses?
C. My initial comment about Republics pay rates that prompted your rant is still correct in spite of everything you've guessed at.

A. And republic will have a hard time raising their rates when mainline guys are "in the ballpark" (<---- good enough??)

B. APC and my good friends actual paystubs that I look at over beers in CLT

C. Keep thinking I'm guessing new guy, but I know what I know from experience and first hand knowledge-

But to what end are you arguing? My ENTIRE POINT is that the usapa stand is hamstringing east pilots into maintaining a pay scale that they could have made better 4 YEARS ago.

Are you defending that?

Usair E190 F/O start at 41:22H Top out at 55:00H with 5H min day, duty rigs and TAFB rigs, + 10% freebie goes into 401K, Per Diem 2:00H, all DH goes above guarantee, guarantee is 76H btw unless you are senior enough to hold long call. Training pay is 85 or 88 a month depending on the number of days in the month. The most junior pilot is on the A320 in DCA so no pilot will be ( as of now ) forced to be on year 2 on the E190 pay. Pay will go up 2% Jan first ( I know big deal ) Does it suck? hell yeah for a major it does.

Rep E190 F/0 start at 23:00H ( year 2 31H ) Tops out at 37:00. No min day, no duty rigs, no TAFB rigs, no cancellation pay, 6% 401K match. So you are right our work rule and pay rate sucks but still much better than Republic.

What are the trip and tafb rigs?? My friends describe no way in which to break guarantee-

The 10% is nice and so is training pay- AND there are definitely worse 1st year situations (CAL!)- but those stuck on the 190 long term are very stuck-

I didn't work at republic, but I believe you are incorrect on all fronts except the $37- , could be wrong bc I don't care-

I'm at WN and don't like how all legacies are undercutting us- I want all of you to leapfrog us and then rip us forbour current rates being 'too low'

Again- the point is higher rates were on the table and this pay freeze at the lowest major rates and work rules is very dumb

Last edited:
But to what end are you arguing? My ENTIRE POINT is that the usapa stand is hamstringing east pilots into maintaining a pay scale that they could have made better 4 YEARS ago.

Are you defending that?

I'm not really arguing anything except that your assumptions based on hearsay. I made a factual point about Republic's FO pay rates and you countered with your "first hand knowledge and experience" about Captain rates that you cannot prove. What a dumb retort.

MY single point was how bad Republic's FO rates are. Everyone can agree with that except you because somehow you equate that to USAir's awful Captain rates. It's all embarrassing and I'm embarrassed that pilots accept these awful wages for career advancement.

Latest resources

Back