• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways to hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey smart guy. With over half of there pilot group retireing in the next 5 years do you really think you would be a 15 years Emb-190 Capt at USair. The point that keeps guys interviewing there right now is the fact that you will be a Captain on a heavy in 6-7 years.
Give this guy your home address so he can throw a brick through your window when he's back as a reserve EMB F/O after 4 years of furlough.

Quit giving people advice when you can't predict the future AND that unpredictable future has no effect on you.

Usually one balances risk and return to decide on making a bet. US is all risk and no return courtesy of the same pilots enticing you to apply.

Give this guy your home address so he can throw a brick through your window when he's back as a reserve EMB F/O after 4 years of furlough.

Quit giving people advice when you can't predict the future AND that unpredictable future has no effect on you.

Usually one balances risk and return to decide on making a bet. US is all risk and no return courtesy of the same pilots enticing you to apply.

I would never advise a pilot to take a job here but when I jumpseat to work on expresses I often get asked "should I apply to mainline?" My answer is this: I think it is safer to be with an independent carrier than a contract one. USA Airways will retire 1000's of pilots over the next decade. Sometimes the younger pilot will ask why and I tell them what we all know about the legacies cancelling contracts with an express ops and that airline going away forever. The list is long.

Hey bud not my fault they follow the army of laryngitis off the cliff. They could have gone DOH with us and had jobs!!!
So, in your eyes, binding is only binding when you agree with it?
And what up with the furlough comments? So you're saying because you aren't abiding by arbitration that you're "glad" there are furloughs?
If so, I stand by my position that you are a POS!

You are saying there are only risk and no reward over the next 30 years over going to a Legacy carrier (yes we all know there problems) than staying at a regional.

Nope. I said USAirways was all risk and no reward due solely to the actions and behaviors of one pilot group against another. Take that out of the mix and it's still jump ball.

No word yet. New hire classes and/or interviews have been pushed back a little, now the end of first quarter of '12. Additional rumors of getting the 10 E190s back from Republic. Hang in there!

Last edited:
I just looked at the app i filled out from last time to see if i could update my stuff and it just says not selected, try other positions. Do others profiles say that as well until they open the app window again?

Latest resources

Back