• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Sues Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The seniority issue has been settled- over 4 years ago. With your less than Virgin America pay, that's probably a $1/4M per pilot you've all given up. Z

Wave doesn't like it when pilots don't abide by binding arbitration. Unless it's him of course.

Then he'd do anything. There's a word for that sort of thinking ....

Yes but you have to be hired there. I have had many friends who are great guys get turned down. How many pilots will SWA hire in the next ten years? We will hire more than 2 thousand.

Sure, but the point was that if Airways can move towards a higher pay scale (and better work rules) the long-term career earnings of a new guy go way up despite the minor upgrade setback. Even a 10% pay increase goes a long way when multiplied by 30 years. Basically the younger you are the more important it is. Obviously the Geezers have a lot more to gain from holding up the SLI and getting a little captain pay in their last few years before retirement.

...."Now this will have a cost. These things always do. You will never make more than $125 an hour.

Better check your "data"

The 757/767 pays $144
A330 pays $160 an hour.

The 757 pays more on the east then on the west...
You dont have any A330's and never will.......

Newhires will be upgrading right away here shortly... I doubt they are going to be interested in giving up their upgrades....

Obviously the Geezers have a lot more to gain from holding up the SLI and getting a little captain pay in their last few years before retirement.

Only if you believe the fear mongering coming out of USAPA. With NIC 2/3 of the geezers upgrade anyhow AND they do so at a substantially higher pay rate.

Better to hide under the covers and take what the company is generous enough to give you.

Yes of course, it's those pesky 1149+ that the '05 hires want to make sure they upgrade in front of.....

I'll bet the next contract has a max 3 yr furlough then you're fired. Furloughed bring no job to the table and should be stapled. US never had E170's on it's ops specs, thus Midlantic pilots were not US.

I'll bet the next contract has a max 3 yr furlough then you're fired. Furloughed bring no job to the table and should be stapled. US never had E170's on it's ops specs, thus Midlantic pilots were not US.
Furloughed IS stapled. The Arbitrator, George Nicalau, the one the EAST chose said so. It's written in stone regardless of the temper tantrums and Illegal games played by the East.

Newhire: "Hi, I'm Bob."

Oldhire: "Hello Bob. I want to school you on what you can look forward to. Even though you are a new hire, you can expect to be a captain here in PHL in 3 years or so, because of all the geezers that are going to retire or die. All you have to do is vote with us at all times to queer ANY contract that has the Nicolau Award."

...."Now this will have a cost. These things always do. You will never make more than $125 an hour. You will be working under the nations crappiest airline contract. You will only get 50% DH, Mechanical, etc., and the company will use our crappy contract to kick you in the nuts on a daily basis."

Newhire: "How long will this last? Won't the AirTran guys be making SWA wages soon?"

Oldhire: "FOREVER, Bob! If you ever FAIL to keep the Nicolau award out, the Westies will leapfrog over ALL of us to get to the A330! About the AirTrany / SWA guys.....Do you think you would really be happy there with the kind of $$, time off and benefits that those guys will make?"

Newhire: "Do we still get the 10% discount at Starbucks?"

Oldhire: "Of course we do! We're entitled! Ah.....I think I'll have a Prune Latte today....I'm feeling a little irregular. Now let me tell you a little bit about what it means to be safe here in PHL....."

New hires could care less. They only want the airline to stay in business, a pay raise and better work rules.

the union won't lose this one, obama will step in and save the day for labor, right? isn't he suppose to be pro union / labor? This would never happen if we elected a democrat on his watch, right?

Latest resources

Back