• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Sues Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did Lee $eham tell you that or is that your own legal assessment?
It's a two-step process. The injunction will come first, probably within weeks. Second, any hiccup in the operation the company can document (and since you've read the Complaint you know they have outside consultants compiling data) and the fines begin. Not a big deal you think? Probably won't bankrupt USAPA but think about the effect on the contract negotiations. The company can make the fines and injunction go away for the lowly price of giving up your Change-of-Control language. So yes, my head-buried-in-the-sand colleague, an injunction is a very big deal indeed.
But don't take my word for it, just wait and see...

It's not my fault my grandkid covered my head with sand at the beach. It sure sounds like you're agreeing with me. There are no damages in this step. If and only if we go against a judges orders will there be fines and I bet there won't be one fine at all. I'm not saying that having an injunction ordered against you is good but we are making the company fight us! They know why we are mad. If Parker was serious about the no contract till the seniority issue is settled then we would have every other section agreed upon while waiting for the litigation on seniority to end. They wont even show up for negotiations so his statement about the seniority issue is a bold face lie. After this many years every section should be settled and when we get the word from a court about which seniority list is to be that section bingo we have a contract same day.

If and only if we go against a judges orders will there be fines and I bet there won't be one fine at all.
That remains to be seen. I'd take that bet against you but unfortunately I can't trust any Eastie to adhere to any agreement.
If Parker was serious about the no contract till the seniority issue is settled then we would have every other section agreed upon while waiting for the litigation on seniority to end.
I disagree with that logic. From the company's point of view it makes more sense to drag out the whole process.
They wont even show up for negotiations so his statement about the seniority issue is a bold face lie.
Parker is undoubtedly lying about many things but you can't discount the fact that the seniority dispute originates only from USAPA. Parker is only following USAPA's lead for his own benefit. The second USAPA drops its demand to negotiate seniority Parker would have no more ammunition to delay getting a contract. According to the West negotiators in 2007 we were within months of a joint contract when the East pulled out. Parker isn't to blame for this mess.

The seniority issue has been settled- over 4 years ago. With your less than Virgin America pay, that's probably a $1/4M per pilot you've all given up. Z

I'm not saying that having an injunction ordered against you is good but we are making the company fight us! They know why we are mad.

What are you referring to? I thought there wasn't an illegal job action going on? BTW, who is the "we" you're referring to? The West pilots performance stands in stark contrast to the East.

which really is the best evidence that there is a slow down on the east side. I was in CLT today and we were directed to taxi via the active around two or three buttholes for our departure.

The seniority issue has been settled- over 4 years ago. With your less than Virgin America pay, that's probably a $1/4M per pilot you've all given up. Z

You got that right, wavey. The pickleballers aren't known for intelligence, just intransigence.

That remains to be seen. I'd take that bet against you but unfortunately I can't trust any Eastie to adhere to any agreement.I disagree with that logic. From the company's point of view it makes more sense to drag out the whole process.Parker is undoubtedly lying about many things but you can't discount the fact that the seniority dispute originates only from USAPA. Parker is only following USAPA's lead for his own benefit. The second USAPA drops its demand to negotiate seniority Parker would have no more ammunition to delay getting a contract. According to the West negotiators in 2007 we were within months of a joint contract when the East pulled out. Parker isn't to blame for this mess.

I guess the point I tried to make was that Parker could still drag this all out for years even with every other section complete. You can't argue that because if every section was complete except for the seniority we would still be waiting for their declaratory suit results. It would have been a better tactic for management in my opinion because they would have shown compliance with their part of the RLA...to negotiate in good faith. We couldn't have brought our suit against the company if they had done all this AND the company would still have no new contract with us...exactly like they have now and really love. Things would be much differant if this were so. If I saw sections with industry standard sick/vacation/rigs/pay/scope I would be much happier going to work and I don't think many pilots would be in the on board program.

which really is the best evidence that there is a slow down on the east side. I was in CLT today and we were directed to taxi via the active around two or three buttholes for our departure.

Ya we invented a union slow down...no other union in the history of the world ever thought of it.

What are you referring to? I thought there wasn't an illegal job action going on? BTW, who is the "we" you're referring to? The West pilots performance stands in stark contrast to the East.

The judge will decide the legallity of our actions. I'm guessing he/she will find some illegal actions and order an injunction like a few years ago at ALPA United and my buddy there sees no differance in his job except union e-mails no longer contain some wording...big deal. Oh Ya we might have to lose our lanyards...boo hooo.

That remains to be seen. I'd take that bet against you but unfortunately I can't trust any Eastie to adhere to any agreement.I disagree with that logic. From the company's point of view it makes more sense to drag out the whole process.Parker is undoubtedly lying about many things but you can't discount the fact that the seniority dispute originates only from USAPA. Parker is only following USAPA's lead for his own benefit. The second USAPA drops its demand to negotiate seniority Parker would have no more ammunition to delay getting a contract. According to the West negotiators in 2007 we were within months of a joint contract when the East pulled out. Parker isn't to blame for this mess.

Oh there is no doubt that USAPA is the cause of the seniority dispute. I hate to say this again but if we dropped our DOH stance yesterday and went with the nic there would be no ratified contract until enough eastinfections retire and are replaced by neutral new hires to balance westies with original but declining in numbers easties. I think that would be around 2016. Remeber the same pilots that voted for USAPA are still on the property because of the age 65 thingy so these same pilots would be voting no on a contract containig the nic. Ironically this will be about the same time that you win DFR2...but we'll appeal.

Latest resources

Back