US Airways Recalls!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
That makes very little sense. If the 190 is, indeed, a fleet replacement for the 737 it could be a decade before a first officer could hold E190 Captain.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't a combined US/AW retirement rate of at least 350/year fairly accurate? And, isn't it also true that of the approx. 1800 on furlough, only about 1/3 will even return when recalled?

If those estimates are even remotely accurate, won't upgrade in the 190's be fairly quick?

RUhiring? said:
SluminginPit,

I am that J4J guy you are talking about. I'll be at PSA until I get a better offer. Just like you.

Right now, bottom reserve FO, at $52/hour, is not a better offer.

May not be better, but with better basing options and better schedules it just may be worth it, unless you love CLT. I doubt you make more than $60/hour at PSA with what I hear are terrible schedules.

The E190 is not a replacement for the 737. So says DP yesterday and AWA MEC chairman JR today confirmed it. JR also said he expected USA to hire off the street within two years. A third to a half of USA furloughees aren't expected to return. The 190 payrates no doubt contribute to that statistic.

Furthermore, since the arbitrator (Nicholau) isn't available until December the seniority integration likely won't be ruled on until Spring 2007. This doesn't preclude AWA guys from flying the 190 but those details remain to be worked out.

jetfo said:
May not be better, but with better basing options and better schedules it just may be worth it, unless you love CLT. I doubt you make more than $60/hour at PSA with what I hear are terrible schedules.

Everyone has different priorities. I'll stick with PSA, CLT, Captain, Blockholder, and more $$. The E190 might be based in PHL....and that alone would keep me from flying it.

RUhiring? said:
Everyone has different priorities. I'll stick with PSA, CLT, Captain, Blockholder, and more $$. The E190 might be based in PHL....and that alone would keep me from flying it.

Would you feel that way if they were based in PHX?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Guppiedriver said:
Remember, US Airway's management ain't steering this ship anymore.

I thought I saw something like 20+ VP's from USAir stayed for the new USAirways.

I hope for the sake of AWA/USA it was wrong.

I'm one U furlough that wont go back.

If they were based in the Garden of Eden, I still wouldn't take a recall to the FO slot.

PHXFLYR said:
Wanna bet,junior?

I'm willing to bet that YOU are the one that is junior.

RUhiring? said:
If they were based in the Garden of Eden, I still wouldn't take a recall to the FO slot.

I'm willing to bet that YOU are the one that is junior.

Wanna bet.... junior?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back