US Airways Recalls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

New permanent bid came out Fri. (don't think it's been posted) but listed within the bid is an additional 165 recalls. I imagine these are on top of the positions they are still trying to fill. Bid effective Nov 07.

Not sure how far up the list they have gotten on the take it or leave it calls. I do know there a 6/99 individual starting on the 20th, and he's #3 or 2 in class, but the last I heard there were only 8 slated to be in the class on 8/20. I would imagine that this next recall would kill the list.

A 10% acceptance rate followed by only half of those showing up for class. So your right, doing the math would mean over 1600 recalls just to fill the 165 needed. Like I said at the beginning of the year, we'll be hiring before year's end.

From what I heard, the poop letters made it up to the end of March 99..
Yeah, he is 3of 8 and I am 5 of 8. We will see how that plays out in 1 week....

Yeah I made a decision.

As soon as I receive the poop letter i'll post my decision along with the reasoning behind it.

Is there an Aug 27th class? I thought that was the date for my recall, now I can't remember. Hired on 2 Aug 99.

Is there an Aug 27th class? I thought that was the date for my recall, now I can't remember. Hired on 2 Aug 99.

Yep, there is a 8/27 class. I believe that the 8/20 class was thrown together because of the high no-show rate. Charmane offered me the 8/27 class and the possibilty of attending the 8/20 class.

I sent Charmane an email stating that I couldn't accept recall at the present time. Guess I'm off the list.

I see you flew both Dash 7's and Dash 8's. Are you a former Henson pilot?

PHXFLYR

Not to bright and maybe a dumb question, but at the last PHX Crew news session, Lyle was asked about East final recalls. I thougth he said that they still had to go throught the list 2 or 3 more times.

Did I hear wrong, or is it that the acceptance rate is so low that they don't expect to fill the slots, that everyone is speculating hiring by year end.

Just trying to gain insight.

iflyhigh

Latest resources

Back