• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Recalls...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sent Charmane an email stating that I couldn't accept recall at the present time. Guess I'm off the list.

Me too. It simply came down to this for me:

More money

vs.

More time at home w/ family and less stress

Somehow I managed to fight off the greed. I think this will finish off the list and they'll be accepting apps very, very soon.

Congratulations on your decision ,Swaayze. You made the right call,one that I wish I made 10 years ago when I was wrestling with that same decision. Your family should be proud of you. Cheers!!

PHXFLYR

Recieved a letter today, I wasn't home. I had a friend sign for it and read it to me. the basics were;

165 recalls to east
20 recalls to west...you can bypass the west positions
training to start around oct.

I haven't seen the letter myself, so when I read it if anything is diffrent I'll post.

Thanks guys, it was a very tough decision to make. I hope everything settles down over there and both sides can coexist peacefully. Heck I may even re-apply in a dozen years when the kids go off to college.

Interesting about the deferral capability to the West. I guess the company is trying to avoid any ill will in the cockpit. Good for them I guess.

Best of luck to y'all.

You,too my man!! And with regards to your career,remember what Yogi Berra used to say;
"It ain't over 'til it's over!";) Enjoy the munchkins!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Company isn't trying to avoid any ill will. I believe the filling of west positions is spelled out in the Transition agreement. Any West vacancies will be offered to East furloughed, with no jeopardy. There were rumored to be some this year, but they never surfaced. If you choose the west position you will go with longevity and such for vacation/pay etc I believe, but you are at the bottom for bidding etc....which well with the seniority thing as it is....it's where all of us are at this point anyways.

So, no, not any wise choosing by the company, just them doing what they are supposed to for a change.

Latest resources

Back