US Airways Pilot Pool and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This.

Most Junior E190 Captain is seniority number 3197. Most Junior F/O on property is seniority number 3466. That's only 269 numbers apart and there will be roughly 200 retirements in 2013...

FWIW

Not the whole pic however. Only the bottom 3 190 CA's on the bid that closed have numbers that low. Then you have a handful of 2000/1999 hires then it goes to the early 90's DOH with the top at 88 or 87ish DOH. So out of 105 CA's on the 190 from the bid that just closed only the 5 to 10 positions are really junior.

FWIW

Not the whole pic however. Only the bottom 3 190 CA's on the bid that closed have numbers that low. Then you have a handful of 2000/1999 hires then it goes to the early 90's DOH with the top at 88 or 87ish DOH. So out of 105 CA's on the 190 from the bid that just closed only the 5 to 10 positions are really junior.

Haven't you been here long enough to know USAir pilots hired in 87, 88, and 90 are all very junior. I mean that was barely 22 years ago (and as any good Cactus pilot knows, DOH means nothing anyway :lol: )

When they open the window again are they going to flush all the old online applications again, like they have done in the past or will you be able to update and stay on file?

Spoke with a CP recently and asked him about this. He said that every time a new window opens the old apps get flushed and you basically need to re-apply. He also recommended attaching any LOR's to your resume with one PDF file. He expects the next window to open at the end of August/early September. Hiring numbers for 2013 are a moving target with the new FAA rest rules, possible merger with AMR (which would give everyone more vacation, which would drive more pilots). Haven't seen the app myself, but I'd keep a hard copy of the previous ones to make filling out a new one easier!

I have an interview next month that I was called for last week. I was told when and where but I haven't received any other info or the address to where the interview will take place or what I need to bring. Can I expect an email our do I need to call someone?

Thanks

I have an interview next month that I was called for last week. I was told when and where but I haven't received any other info or the address to where the interview will take place or what I need to bring. Can I expect an email our do I need to call someone?

Thanks

Email will turn up in a few days most likely.

Haven't you been here long enough to know USAir pilots hired in 87, 88, and 90 are all very junior. I mean that was barely 22 years ago (and as any good Cactus pilot knows, DOH means nothing anyway :lol: )

Few weeks ago before a trip the capt asked me if I was out of probation. (I am '99 hire).

I know this one.

If the credentials in your profile are accurate and you're not a complete a-hole...the job is yours.

Go read one of those "how to do an airline interview" books and "be yourself". (In accordance with the book of coarse.)

Good luck

Latest resources

Back