• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot Pool and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No SXMp2c, I stay in close contact with a lot of US Airways pilot. If you really want to work for US Airways I believe you should stay inform via all the avenues available to you. So the next time the window opens you dont miss it. US Airways is my first choice of places to work so I stay inform.

Just an fyi, I was one of those people that got the e-mail to reapply at the end of May. I was called last week for an interview.

This.

Most Junior E190 Captain is seniority number 3197. Most Junior F/O on property is seniority number 3466. That's only 269 numbers apart and there will be roughly 200 retirements in 2013...

You seem to have forgotten about a certain group of more senior FO's who would otherwise be able to hold those posisions if people would've abliged by their agreement..

You seem to have forgotten about a certain group of more senior FO's who would otherwise be able to hold those posisions if people would've abliged by their agreement..

So, you think we'll have a joint contract in a year or two?

On second thought let's just not even go there, it's not relevant.

Realistically the reason lots of "senior F/O's" on both sides of the Mississippi aren't clamoring to bid E190 Captain is because the pay isn't much better than Group II F/O pay, so they'd rather keep their blocks rather than commute to sit reserve for a few bucks more.

When they open the window again are they going to flush all the old online applications again, like they have done in the past or will you be able to update and stay on file?

Anyone else heard the rumor that Airways is asking pilots from certain regionals to bring in their fuel usage statistics to the interview?

It's true, you also have to bring in a pie chart that shows APU usage vs. length of the turn, with year over year improvement noted. Also a picture of the biggest FA you've shagged.

Biggest ain't near as relevant as oldest.

When they sneeze, dust comes wafting out they skirt.

If there is a GILF website, I don't wanna cum acrost it!

Realistically the reason lots of "senior F/O's" on both sides of the Mississippi aren't clamoring to bid E190 Captain is because the pay isn't much better than Group II F/O pay, so they'd rather keep their blocks rather than commute to sit reserve for a few bucks more.[/QUOTE]

Yeap, that's my case. I do not want to sit short call reserve in a crashpad and never fly. Reserve captains in the 190 rarely fly. Is a life I do not want to live. To me it ain't worth the money. That's just me.

So, you think we'll have a joint contract in a year or two?

On second thought let's just not even go there, it's not relevant.

Realistically the reason lots of "senior F/O's" on both sides of the Mississippi aren't clamoring to bid E190 Captain is because the pay isn't much better than Group II F/O pay, so they'd rather keep their blocks rather than commute to sit reserve for a few bucks more.

You're not saying anything I don't already know. I was just pointing out your slight lack of oversight. I didn't say the senior west FO's WOULD bid for those posistions, I just said that they could if the Nic was in place. And no, I wouldn't bid E190 at these rates either..

Latest resources

Back