• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Pilot Pool and Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any new information on the pilot window?

Not sure if this info has been passed but I'll post anyway. Bumped into a Captain who does interviews this afternoon. He said a few weeks ago they interviewed a bunch that came from the last time the app window was open. One week after they interviewed those who were selected got a call inviting them to a July 16 class. He said they still have about 100 people they selected from that window that will be called for an interview NEXT week. His opinion was that they will go through that 100 fast and will have to open another window sooner than they thought.

300 a year hiring- all East. Shrinking Phoenix and keeping it that way

DOH is a loser. Judge Silver to rule soon. Delay has cost you a bunch.

Hiring east this year. All bases next year. GREAT group of folks to work with! Phoenix is the home of the airline (for the time being). Economy & housing now improving. Best time to be in training: October - March!

How you been Nicky boy? Still grinding that stone, I see. :crying:

I'm new and in no way an east cheerleader but if this merger does go through and everyone pretty much agrees on doh are the westies gonna start screaming "nic, nic" !! Or are they gonna stfu and let everything happen as it should?

I'm new and in no way an east cheerleader (really?) but if this merger does go through and everyone pretty much agrees on doh are the westies gonna start screaming "nic, nic" !! Or are they gonna stfu (really?, nice.) and let everything happen as it should? (really? your opinion.)[/QUOTE]

DOH won't happen with this merger. The merger process will be lawfully fulfilled via the Bond/McCaskill legislation (which mirrors ALPA merger policy). If you went by DOH, then you would have to include TWA, Reno Air, AirCal, Empire, Piedmont & Shuttle (to name several).

The westies went into a legal process as determined by the ALPA merger policy where an independent federal arbitrator determined seniority with two pilot neutrals. The company accepted the list and paid both MEC's around $300,000 in promised funds. The "screaming" you speak of came from the junior east pilots that were furloughed when US Air was acquired by America West Holdings. After returning to the New US Airways, they sought to vote in a new independent union (for the purpose of evading the Nicolau seniority arbitration). USAPA officers & committee staff largely comprises of those junior US Air pilots.

All of these factual statements are verifiable in all the court proceedings & documents. You can research them yourself at: www.cactuspilot.com (Key documents & Library).

The law will finish this debacle. Period. BTW, it you're not a "chearleader", exactly who do you work for? Just curious.

I'm new and in no way an east cheerleader (really?) but if this merger does go through and everyone pretty much agrees on doh are the westies gonna start screaming "nic, nic" !! Or are they gonna stfu (really?, nice.) and let everything happen as it should? (really? your opinion.)[/QUOTE]

DOH won't happen with this merger. The merger process will be lawfully fulfilled via the Bond/McCaskill legislation (which mirrors ALPA merger policy). If you went by DOH, then you would have to include TWA, Reno Air, AirCal, Empire, Piedmont & Shuttle (to name several).

The westies went into a legal process as determined by the ALPA merger policy where an independent federal arbitrator determined seniority with two pilot neutrals. The company accepted the list and paid both MEC's around $300,000 in promised funds. The "screaming" you speak of came from the junior east pilots that were furloughed when US Air was acquired by America West Holdings. After returning to the New US Airways, they sought to vote in a new independent union (for the purpose of evading the Nicolau seniority arbitration). USAPA officers & committee staff largely comprises of those junior US Air pilots.

All of these factual statements are verifiable in all the court proceedings & documents. You can research them yourself at: www.cactuspilot.com (Key documents & Library).

The law will finish this debacle. Period. BTW, it you're not a "chearleader", exactly who do you work for? Just curious.

"mirrors ALPA merger policy" ha ha ha ha ha ha you mean the one about no windfalls? Ha ha ha ha haha ha ha the one with no windfalls ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. We're going to appeal Silver's decision and that wont take but a year or two so Cboy53 how you liken the nic so far?"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha and THEN we have ratify a contract to make your new hires my captain ha h ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...you'll get what you want as I'm retiring in ten years...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Beginning to sound like a song by Moby..

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha and THEN we have ratify a contract to make your new hires my captain ha h ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...you'll get what you want as I'm retiring in ten years...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Retiring on the Bus at $125/hr but hey, you're Captain. I'm not sure if you're laughing at yourself or not?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back