• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways pilot pleads guilty to upskirt photo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not really trying to propagate the East vs. West thing with this tidbit of info, I'm more like trying to educate the genital....

Actually truth be told Sully allowed himself to be used as a "figurehead" by USAPA at court hearings in PHX. That's not "integrity" that's using your newfound fame to help confuse/sway court proceedings. Sully left the industry because he could afford to retire and probably didnt feel like leaving the house anymore with the newly restored "hotness" he created in the bedroom with the Mrs! :blush:
Just for the record, The last sentence was an actual partial quote from his wife!:beer:
As a fellow glider pilot, I have a lot of respect for Sully's quick decision making. However letting himself get whored out for Usapa's gain was not a very noble thing to do to your fellow pilot!

I think the General was referring to just that, and you are the one who got duped. Why would he put quotes around that word? And I think Sully stated he and his wife had "hero sex" after the incident, but he would also go up to apparent West guys and introduce himself as "Sully", not as "Captain Sully Sullenberger", insinuating that he himself thought he was famous. I agree with the General, a lot of the East guys really think a lot about themselves, even though they renegged on binding arbitration. Pretty sad.

I think the General was referring to just that, and you are the one who got duped. Why would he put quotes around that word? And I think Sully stated he and his wife had "hero sex" after the incident, but he would also go up to apparent West guys and introduce himself as "Sully", not as "Captain Sully Sullenberger", insinuating that he himself thought he was famous. I agree with the General, a lot of the East guys really think a lot about themselves, even though they renegged on binding arbitration. Pretty sad.

Friend, you sure know a lot about us without ever flying with us. You must not have had good manners growing up, either that or your a Delta pilot. But seriously, you need to show more respect to major airline pilots.

Friend, you sure know a lot about us without ever flying with us. You must not have had good manners growing up, either that or your a Delta pilot. But seriously, you need to show more respect to major airline pilots.

Classic. I used to fly 747s for Tower Air, but now fly a corporate challenger and most likely make twice what you make thanks to being the chief pilot of this operation, and incharge of the whole flight department. But seriously, everyone on this board and anyone who knows anything about binding arbitration knows you guys are jerks. You sign on the dotted line, you need to go along with the judgement. You lose, seriously.

Classic. I used to fly 747s for Tower Air... blah blah...You lose, seriously.

SO you never flew for a major airline, just a trash hauler. Great, you must be so proud. Oh, and as far as losing, you might want to tell that to the 9th Circuit Appeals court because they reaffirmed Seham.

Delta suspends jailed pilot

Delta suspends jailed pilot

By Megan Matteucci

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin police officers with his private plane.

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff’s office said.
Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor, was arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.
“He is suspended pending the completion into the investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Thursday.
The FAA is also investigating Wednesday's incident and could revoke Gryder's pilot's license or issue additional sanctions.
"If it was a violation, it would be a civil matter not a criminal matter," FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said.
Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the airport on Wednesday for a report of a pilot disrupting the airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.
The two officers approached the suspect and he gave them a fake name. After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers attempted to issue him six citations, police said.
However, Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a 1937 DC-3A. He started the engine and told one of the officers that if she moved, he would strike her, police said.
The officer, who was standing next to the prop, moved out of the way and summoned backup.
Additional Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to taxi down the runway, police said.
Gryder got to the end of the runway and attempted to take off, but he was out of gas.
Police arrested Gryder and transported him to jail.
Gryder’s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting flights from departing or arriving, police said.
“He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45 minutes,” Clanton said. “His actions created a danger for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use the airport.”
Gryder has a history of disturbances at the Griffin airport, including previous complaints of him illegally driving his car on the runways, according to Robert Mohl, the airport's director.
“He’s done it before and he’s been warned," Mohl said.
Mohl said he doesn't understand why Gryder didn't just sign the tickets on Wednesday, which would have ordered him to appear in court. He likely would have just gotten a fine instead of jail time, Mohl said.
"But he decided to pursue a different course of action, which disrupted our planes from coming and going," he said.
The Griffin airport does not have air traffic control, so pilots must announce their own comings and goings, Mohl said.
"It’s quite safe as long as everybody follows the rules. One of the rules is ground vehicles stay off the runways and taxiways," Mohl said.
FAA records show Gryder has one prior investigation into a mechanical problem in 2005. There was a problem with a bracket that fastened his rear landing gear. FAA investigated it and found he was not at fault, Bergen said.
Gryder has his own hangar at the Griffin airport, where he stores the DC-3A involved in Wednesday's incident and several other aircraft, Mohl said. Gryder uses his planes for metro area airshows and to teach other pilots. Gryder operates an aviation training and consulting company.
Reached Thursday night, Gryder's wife declined to comment and said her husband would be home on Friday.

SO you never flew for a major airline, just a trash hauler. Great, you must be so proud. Oh, and as far as losing, you might want to tell that to the 9th Circuit Appeals court because they reaffirmed Seham.

Are you calling our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines "trash"? That was a big percentage of who Tower Air flew around the world.

Late to the party, DBag - already posted!

Maybe we should pull up some statistics from the NTSB site......

:cool:

I know it's been posted knuckle head. But since this has turned into a "who's got the most screw-ups, east or west" thread, I thought I'd throw that in there.

I'm retired, but for the record, I never liked America Wests contract negotiations. "We like our free time" BS instead of real gains didn't float with me.

I know it's been posted knuckle head. But since this has turned into a "who's got the most screw-ups, east or west" thread, I thought I'd throw that in there.

I'm retired, but for the record, I never liked America Wests contract negotiations. "We like our free time" BS instead of real gains didn't float with me.

Yeah, and I'm still looking for a YES voter on AWA contract 04

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back