US Airways MEC files lawsuit against AWA MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Guppiedriver

Today the East MEC filed a lawsuit against the AWA MEC in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia seeking to vacate the Nicolau Award. We have attached a copy of the complaint to this e-mail.

Now I'm no lawyer, but I read the lawsuit and it's even more pathetic than the easties arbitration arguments. Weak, very weak. You should be embarrassed.

You guys just don't stop do you? Some day we are going to have to work together, but do what you can to make sure it never happens.

You guys just don't stop do you? Some day we are going to have to work together, but do what you can to make sure it never happens.

Not if the airline ceases to exist......Looking at Airways on time performance lately, things are going to get even more interesting there!

It's really sad that one group is insisting on a windfall. I'm from the outside looking in and feel the arbitraitor did a pretty fair job. Sure wouldn't want to treat fellow employees that way.

Well, they went sobbing to ALPA national and got a cold shoulder, perhaps they think a judge can overrule an arbitrator. If that's the case, any and all past and future arbritration awards would be rendered pointless. Binding arbitration is binding and a judge will toss it. I don't see any judge opening up this can of unfounded worms.

The real question is what's the U MEC's next move after a judge throws this suit out ?

I'm concerned the U MEC might consider taking hostages.

Not if the airline ceases to exist......Looking at Airways on time performance lately, things are going to get even more interesting there!

Whats on Time Performance? Your lucky if your flight doesn't get cx'ed!

Truely pathetic! Stephan states that the "fairness" that the ALPA merger policy is supposed to promote was not realized. Exactly how was AAA's proposal (during negotiations between the two MEC's prior to arbitration) of DOH going to realize this "fairness?"

AAA guys should be ashamed! Your union leadership refused to negotiate and that led to the arbitration process which you voluntarily entered into. The list is the list! Now it's time to be grown-ups and accept the outcome of your ill-concieved attempt at DOH!

Andy

UsAir pilots? Grown ups? C'mon man, you gotta be kidding me

PHXFLYR

i know your poor egos are brused. but grow up. without awa you would not even have ajob. the arbitration was fair. it you think you are more worthy than others get another job where you actually have to work

Latest resources

Back