• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Management and America West Pilots to Open Separate Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....wasn't the Alaska arbitration "binding"....
Yes, and that's why it's still in effect. I wonder why the Alaska pilots didn't just change unions to nullify the arbitration? It's all so simple...
We will all do what is in our own best interests....
No, YOU do. Some of us actually do what's right whether we stand to benefit or not. Your attempt to justify unethical behavior says a lot about you.

Yes, and that's why it's still in effect. I wonder why the Alaska pilots didn't just change unions to nullify the arbitration? It's all so simple...No, YOU do. Some of us actually do what's right whether we stand to benefit or not. Your attempt to justify unethical behavior says a lot about you.

1. But ALPA filed a lawsuit to overturn a "binding" arbitration....Pot meet kettle....

2. I don't have a dog in the fight.....just finding the irony amusing....

3. You were at TWA....Did the APA and American pilots "do what was right"? How did that work for the TWA guys and gals?

4. Are you really going to tell me that the majority of airline pilots don't look out for number 1 first? Coming from a TWA pilot I find that surprising.....

1. But ALPA filed a lawsuit to overturn a "binding" arbitration....Pot meet kettle....

Apples and oranges Joe. ALPA is the CBA for Alaska pilots, and is obligated to represent that pilot group against the employer (Alaska Airlines).

ALPA National's job is to remain neutral when two or more ALPA carriers merge. The ALPA Merger policy gives a framework to negotiate, mediate and finally arbitrate a combined list. Further, ALPA National must then ACCEPT THE LIST, DELIVER THE LIST AND DEFEND THE LIST. So far, they have accomplished 2/3 of those conditions.

It would be fair to say that the east pilots have enjoyed the attrition and delays as a DIRECT result of Prater and the BOD's inaction and committee work.

Apples and oranges Joe. ALPA is the CBA for Alaska pilots, and is obligated to represent that pilot group against the employer (Alaska Airlines).

ALPA National's job is to remain neutral when two or more ALPA carriers merge. The ALPA Merger policy gives a framework to negotiate, mediate and finally arbitrate a combined list. Further, ALPA National must then ACCEPT THE LIST, DELIVER THE LIST AND DEFEND THE LIST. So far, they have accomplished 2/3 of those conditions.

It would be fair to say that the east pilots have enjoyed the attrition and delays as a DIRECT result of Prater and the BOD's inaction and committee work.

....doesn't alter the fact the term "binding" is subjective and any side is free to try and overturn "binding"........

I didn't file any lawsuit.
2. I don't have a dog in the fight.....just finding the irony amusing....
You must find the Arab Muslim vs. Black Muslim war in Sudan amusing as well. Takes all kinds.
3. You were at TWA....Did the APA and American pilots "do what was right"?
No. What's your point?
4. Are you really going to tell me that the majority of airline pilots don't look out for number 1 first? Coming from a TWA pilot I find that surprising.....
I speak for myself. I believe ALPA Merger Policy is the fairest path for integrating pilot seniority, come what may. I said this long before the USAir thing came along and I'll say it again in the future if need be.

...soooo...can we expect to see a DFR lawsuit against ALPA in the near future?

Remember the Duke/Spellacy lawsuit against ALPA? ALPA ended up selling one of their buildings to pay for that one.

ALPA sold that building because of general cost cuts, not just because of the Duke/Spellacy settlement. The building would have been sold anyway. Besides, the building still says Air Line Pilots Association on the front and the DC office is still occupying an entire floor.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back