• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Jul 16 recall class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with sean67. The east attrition and no shows will make for fast progression for a while at least.

With the West locked out of the East because of the seniority, recalls and newhires might do okay.

Hi!

For all you USAir guys out there, I hope that, whether you stay or go, it works out well for you!

God Bless!

cliff
YIP

I agree with sean67. The east attrition and no shows will make for fast progression for a while at least.

With the West locked out of the East because of the seniority, recalls and newhires might do okay.

hmmmm sounds like a windfall for the east newhires! Maybe I should sue Jack Stephen....

Not me. The east is poison for me because I was at AWA during the merger. I'll stay out west thanks.

But, a newhire might do ok out there because he or she didn't receive any "windfall."

Its OK if you dont go back with this recall, you will have another chance at it once the lawsuit is settled and your not making a decision under DURESS.

Stay tuned.

Patience.............. :)

Sean;
I've posted this here and US Aviation board before. We have a small percentage of pilots that live in the East (one CA and three FO's that I know of specifically in the DCA/IAD/BWI area) that would likely take an East base. I am a commuter from the mid-West, so I would give an East base a shot for an upgrade.

Many, many AWA pilots are firmly ensconsed in the desert lifestyle and would not commute East for an upgrade.

That said, I predict that you would see about less than 7 - 8% of AWA pilots bid East for a CA-CA swap, or FO upgrade (about 126 pilots or so, tops). By the same token there will be some AAA West coast pilots that would love to shorten the commute time for quality of life. My guess...40-50 East moving West. A net loss of East CA seats of 86 or so (remember, these are just an educated guess).

So, the approximately 86 seats that I describe are being held hostage by the East MEC in an attempt to "vacate the Nicolau award". In the meantime, the East pilots are losing hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars in wages, benefits, and additional vacation days.

Oh, did I mention that there is finally a vacancy bid for 49 CA slots in the West. Not moving as fast as the East, but it's a start!

The East MEC is focusing on the wrong prize, a CA would be nice....but I can go without that for MONEY, schedule, MONEY, time off, MONEY, better benefits, MONEY, and oh yes....MONEY.

Its OK if you dont go back with this recall, you will have another chance at it once the lawsuit is settled and your not making a decision under DURESS.

Stay tuned.

Patience.............. :)

DURESS what a joke. I heard it all now. What lawsuit? You would have to sue the company to get names put back on the list after declining final recall.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back