• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey don't shoot me yet...I'm just going on by what I hear from everyone I know, to the last man, who works at USAir. A couple loved AWA but hate life now. I'm just going on that. Perhaps the AA merger will make everyone kiss and make up when they go to the AA payscale (assuming the merger happens).
In any case, not bashing anyone here. I'm just saying that if I were up and coming, a "good" regional with a fast upgrade (again dependent on retirement at the majors) would pay better than USAir does for quite a while....depending on what happens with AA. Give me more credit than that guys, you never know WHERE you'll end up working.

Last edited:
Is there any truth to the rumor that 150 people got the email to reapply last month and those 150 people are in an interview pool? I also heard that people from said group were called yesterday. I got the email to reapply may 25th and was wondering what my situation will be if this rumor is true?

Is there any truth to the rumor that 150 people got the email to reapply last month and those 150 people are in an interview pool? I also heard that people from said group were called yesterday. I got the email to reapply may 25th and was wondering what my situation will be if this rumor is true?

I'd also like to know the answer to that question. I was one of the lucky 150 and reapplied but haven't heard anything since. Hope to interview in the near future.

Hey Bird how the heck are ya old buddie...ya it really sucks here I do three days on four days off...what a lousy job!
I'm sure the upside is that you can give the manager at Wendy's a pretty firm schedule for him to build your hours around, but I was talking about the fact that there is no leverage by which the pilots will be able to improve their lot in life. So if you can live on the generosity of Doug Parker and the Board, then you've arrived!

Remember, those who support USAPA (the only thing standing in the way of a better contract IMHO) only deal in White Knights (like APA) and Villains (like APA 1 year from now).

I'm sure the upside is that you can give the manager at Wendy's a pretty firm schedule for him to build your hours around, but I was talking about the fact that there is no leverage by which the pilots will be able to improve their lot in life. So if you can live on the generosity of Doug Parker and the Board, then you've arrived!

Remember, those who support USAPA (the only thing standing in the way of a better contract IMHO) only deal in White Knights (like APA) and Villains (like APA 1 year from now).

Hi Birdie!!! We agree!!!!! I think that Mr. Parker and his buddy Mr. Kirby suck.

Hey don't shoot me yet...I'm just going on by what I hear from everyone I know, to the last man, who works at USAir. A couple loved AWA but hate life now. I'm just going on that. Perhaps the AA merger will make everyone kiss and make up when they go to the AA payscale (assuming the merger happens).
In any case, not bashing anyone here. I'm just saying that if I were up and coming, a "good" regional with a fast upgrade (again dependent on retirement at the majors) would pay better than USAir does for quite a while....depending on what happens with AA. Give me more credit than that guys, you never know WHERE you'll end up working.

Well as a former AWA pilot, it's obvious you haven't talked to me yet. I'm happy as a clam, up to and including this very day. No joke. Not to say there isn't any drama, but all that aside I'm happy and grateful.

That said, I do know where you are coming from. I have a 38 year old brother, and I'm not sure that I'd encourage him to come here, though he does ask about it in a roundabout way from time to time, never to seriously though.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back