• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About 5300 500 tpic and an a320 type with time in type.

I think they are looking for 1000 tpic but that should come pretty quick for you. We are probably going to be hiring non-stop for the next decade barring a huge increase in the price of gas or some force majour event and if you get hired in the next year or so you will do well with all our retirements starting Dec 13th!!!!! Good luck.

What percentage of people interviewed are typically hired? Is it a if we interview you, we want to hire you, or is it more of a 50/50 thing traditionally?

Don't take this wrong all you UsAir and AWA folks, but to the newcomer...why? The pay is terrible, upgrades pretty darn long, and Parker will just keep merging airlines, thus keeping a pilot contract way, WAY off on the horizon. He loves the infighting. He has a weasel and a cobra fighting in the tank and is about to throw in another animal. You might as well go to a "good" regional.

Don't take this wrong all you UsAir and AWA folks, but to the newcomer...why? ... You might as well go to a "good" regional.
BINGO! US is a regional that masquerades as a major by flying big airplanes for little money.

Regional pilots have been in this business long enough to know that just because you're flying a widebody to Europe, doesn't mean you are a well paid Clipper Captain of yore.

US is out to revamp everyone's expectations about what an airline is, from what it offers in service to what the career earnings will be for it's employees. If that's what you want to devote your career to, then sign up. But realize for most folks it's predominantly a lateral move.

What percentage of people interviewed are typically hired? Is it a if we interview you, we want to hire you, or is it more of a 50/50 thing traditionally?

I don't know. I have a couple friends that do the interviews and submit their reports but they do not make the decision. Their opinion is that if you are being interviewed then they want to hire you. I know that's not very helpful.

BINGO! US is a regional that masquerades as a major by flying big airplanes for little money.

Regional pilots have been in this business long enough to know that just because you're flying a widebody to Europe, doesn't mean you are a well paid Clipper Captain of yore.

US is out to revamp everyone's expectations about what an airline is, from what it offers in service to what the career earnings will be for it's employees. If that's what you want to devote your career to, then sign up. But realize for most folks it's predominantly a lateral move.

Hey Bird how the heck are ya old buddie...ya it really sucks here I do three days on four days off...what a lousy job!

I think they are looking for 1000 tpic but that should come pretty quick for you. We are probably going to be hiring non-stop for the next decade barring a huge increase in the price of gas or some force majour event and if you get hired in the next year or so you will do well with all our retirements starting Dec 13th!!!!! Good luck.

Yeah, but you forgot to mention that the world will end on Dec 21st. That's what? 1 week? :smash: ;)

Good luck to you!

Latest resources

Back