US Airways Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ezekial19:79

Not a pissing and moaning thread... for those of us interested in US, please post your interview date, what city, and how long till you recieved the call?

Called on 10/19 for 11/7 in CLT. Personal scheduling conflicts prevented me from accepting earlier dates. Fly me in that AM and fly me back home in PM. 1 day process-I like that part a lot. No hotel or overnight bags. Was also told alternating between PHX and CLT with interviews Tues, Wed and Thurs of every week. Awaiting fedex package of information, along with an email.

Applied first week when window opened in mid Sept. Placed internal rec's name on app (no family relation there, just professional), but internal contact did not make any efforts on my behalf to get an interview yet. Have around 6300 TT, 1900 PIC RJ time, BS degree.

Good luck to everyone else! Will post more info as it comes.

Put my app in first day it was open. Somehow fell into the group that the app never took. So, resubmitted last Friday (10/12), my internal rec took a resume and letter of rec to the DO --West side -- same day. My app status went to "Under review" on Tuesday (10/16), called for an interview Weds (10/17), interviewing next Tues (10/23) in CLT. Same deal, they fly me in in the AM, interview, home that night. They told me HR and then seperate pilot management interviews. That's it. I'll update when I hear something, too.

Times are 8600 TT, 3200 PIC ERJ, 1000 PIC B747. B.S., 3 internal recs.

Last edited:
Put my app in first day it was open. Somehow fell into the group that the app never took. So, resubmitted last Friday (10/12), my internal rec took a resume and letter of rec to the DO --West side -- same day. My app status went to "Under review" on Tuesday (10/16), called for an interview Weds (10/17), interviewing next Tues (10/23) in CLT. Same deal, they fly me in in the AM, interview, home that night. They told me HR and then seperate pilot management interviews. That's it. I'll update when I hear something, too.

Times are 8600 TT, 3200 PIC ERJ, 1000 PIC B747. B.S., 3 internal recs.

have you considered trying to get hired at OASIS?

Any new interview gouge experiences appreciated. Most recent gouges is 1999!!! It shows a multi-day event, clearly not what they're doing now....

I don't mind going in ice cold but would prefer a "bone" of some kind!

Thanks to all and good luck!

Here's what I know and what I've heard.

The tech portion is the same as it ever was. Approach plates (what's this, what's that...), some tech questions about general airmanship (how does a headwind affect your approach on a 3 degree glideslope?), etc.

The HR portion was rewritten entirely by the same people who did SWA's interviews. I have no gouge on what they're asking, but I think its "Tell me about a time this or that happened," type stuff.

Be careful what you say to your guide as you're walking around in between interviews. Try not to bad mouth your old employer too much (even if it was mesa).

The best info I got was that there are no tricks. They are trying to hire you and its up to you to talk them out of it.

CP in PHX told me essentially what they want to see is if you're a good fit for USAirways. They aren't going to try and trip you up in any way. If you're there at the interview, you're qualified.

I'd recommend getting gouge on SWA's HR interview and take a look at old USAir/AWA tech stuff.

Sorry I couldn't give anymore info; this is all I honestly know.

Better than zero. I'm sure more new gouges will come along with time here....

Going in ice cold might help anyway. I did well on a previous interview with that. Appreciate the info.

Biggest thing I heard was relax. They want to hire you. Don't be a schmuck and have half an idea of what you're talking about and you'll get hired.

I hear they still tell you by the end of the day too. So at least you don't have to wait a month.

Good luck. This will be a good place once the seniority stuff shakes out.

Latest resources

Back