• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways discussing merger with United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who can still remember all the USAir bubba's asking about 747-400 study guides?

Well, at least they're consistent. No matter who they merge with, stealing seniority from the other group seems to be their goal.

I think 99% of the UAL guys will BURN THE COMPANY DOWN if they try to merge with USAirways again.....

Who can still remember all the USAir bubba's asking about 747-400 study guides?

STAPLE, STAPLE, STAPLE....

yeah because that really happened - guys with 20 or 25+ years flying asking for a study guide ahead of going to training. whatever.

Last edited:
Then, let's all hope two things:

1. United merges with USAir.
2. They staple the uSAPa VOTERS to the bottom of the seniority list!

:smash:

Better yet, require those eastie b*sturds to re-interview to keep their jobs (and of course don't hire them).

yeah because that really happened - guys with 20 or 25+ years flying asking for a study guide ahead of going to training. whatever.

Lear, it was mostly the group from Airways hired in 99/00, such as Flylow22 (on this board) who asked for a -400 manual. I don't think that he was the only one who asked for one.

I remember riding on the tram at DIA shortly after the merger was announced. I was a newbie in civvies. There was a USAirways FO with a couple of Airways FAs. The FO (older guy) was telling the FAs that it was going to go down date of hire. I bit my tongue.

The merger news had barely hit the wire in 2000 and in the USAir PIT crewroom there was a paper stapled up on the bulletin board that showed every UAL domicile and equipment combination and the UAL DOH required to hold each position. And of course everyone was going around telling everyone else what they were going to be able to hold since of course it would go DOH.

USAir pilot arrogance was a large factor in the UAL pilot backlash which contributed to the summer of 2000 and ultimately played a key role in killing the merger.

I doubt any new US/UAL merger would get much beyond the announcement stage before we'd see a summer of 2000 redux.

Word is out. The jury is in. USAir is death. Merge with this company and your airline and your career dies.

Lear,

Where were you in 2000? Are you a "real" USAirways pilot? Or a flow up?

I had a job offer with USairways in 1998....no thanks!

Latest resources

Back