• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air type in the Hudson?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm tired of people saying the outcome of the flight was "a miracle". It wasn't a miracle -- it was people doing a fantastic job.

I disagree. There were so many things that worked out right including having the right crew on board, that this was a miracle. If any one of a hundred things had been different (i.e. down to MAN PITCH TRIM ONLY) this whole discussion would not be as joyous as it is.

Remember the SUX crash may (or may not) have been as successful as this if the winds had been calm.

Great airmanship to be sure, but a miracle none the less.

I disagree. There were so many things that worked out right including having the right crew on board, that this was a miracle. If any one of a hundred things had been different (i.e. down to MAN PITCH TRIM ONLY) this whole discussion would not be as joyous as it is.

Remember the SUX crash may (or may not) have been as successful as this if the winds had been calm.

Great airmanship to be sure, but a miracle none the less.
Just wait until the bible thumpers chime in. Bet they will claim it was all in "god's hand"!!!

Just wait until the bible thumpers chime in. Bet they will claim it was all in "god's hand"!!!

Oh boy...

Better open a beer for this one.

I am very comfortable saying that God given talent, and the wits and free will to apply that talent led to the successful outcome we had here. The crew deserves every accolade they recieve, and more.

Anyone who says it was "God's will" and the crew didn't have to do anything whatsoever needs to go back and study their theology. For folks who choose to believe, it is a deism versus theism arguement.

Last edited:

Wow, 293 posts on this thread and we're just getting to the God bashing? Guess it will be another 100 posts until we get to the Mil/Civ debate. :D

As Chuck Yeager was asked years ago as a guest on the "Hour of Power": Evangelical moron, "When something bad happens to you in the air, do you pray to God to save you?" Chuck Yeager, "No, I have to do it myself. God's not going to help me."

Canada Goose

Please, folks, the plural for Canada Goose is...Canada Goose. You can have a single Canada Goose or a flock of Canada Goose. Two or more are not Canadian Geese or Canada Geese.

Every once in awhile, someone is called upon to do something heroic. They did not seek it, they merely found themselves in a position where their expertise, their focus, their strength, would be called upon to impact others they did not even know.
This crew was so called and did what was called for. Others have before them, some without the great outcome of this case, nevertheless, applying all their best efforts in time of crisis.
Amongst all the angst, the bitching, the opinions, this was a day for which we could all be proud of a profession where consistently men and women have been called and responded in a manner to admired and followed. All including the cabin staff need to be recognized as the example of what we seek to be.

Latest resources

Back