• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air type in the Hudson?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any Airbus guys out there want to comment on the engine systems? I know a lot of turbines will mechanically or electronically cut the fuel off when the shaft is displaced or seizes.

Last edited:
Hopefully when he does interviews he will handle those as well as the emergency and help bring some respect (and pay) back to the professions of the entire crew and crews everywhere in the industry. He'll be given a huge soapbox...hope it is used well. Great job.

"Just doing my job, Wolf. I am no different than any other professional pilot. We're all trained for emergencies like this. In fact my copilot was flying this leg. Now excuse me as I take my drug and alcohol test."

Damn good job by the pilots. Is it me, or did the plane look totally intact there in the water.

Probably end up flying in a week or so. :)

Probably not. I saw some video of the FDNY tug boat hauling the 'bus towards the shore and they were beating the 'ell out of it. The left wing was up on the side of the tug and the slats were getting hammered on the side of the tug...... so at least two weeks till she's flyin' again. :)

"Just doing my job, Wolf. I am no different than any other professional pilot. We're all trained for emergencies like this. In fact my copilot was flying this leg. Now excuse me as I take my drug and alcohol test."

"...and search for an adverstised trip to pick up since I lost my pay for the rest of the pairing...."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back