• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air type in the Hudson?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you are certain this was the captain?

Wolf from CNN said that USAir has confirmed that Cap Sullenberger was the PIC...

Per his profile, he developed CRM at USAir, was a check airman, ALPA local air safety chairman, accident investigator, and a national technical committee member.

Former F-4 driver, and a USAFA graduate...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/5/209/118

Last edited:
Wolf from CNN said that USAir has confirmed that Cap Sullenberger was the PIC...

Hopefully when he does interviews he will handle those as well as the emergency and help bring some respect (and pay) back to the professions of the entire crew and crews everywhere in the industry. He'll be given a huge soapbox...hope it is used well. Great job.

great job to all crew members! Just one question did the ATIS have the notice "Caution birds in the vincity" I hear that every day on every atis but now i will actually it into serious consideration

6: 05pm, and everyone has issued some sort of press release regarding this accident... except ALPA.

I understand the US Airways guys gave ALPA the finger and formed their own in house union, but in spirit of air safety and investigations, the least ALPA could have done is issued a press release that would express prayers and thoughts with crew and pax involved in this crash. Guess they have to be a due-collecting airline to get that sort of treatment.

This is what ALPA did for Continental: http://www.alpa.org/DesktopModules/...iew.aspx?itemid=17382&ModuleId=12567&Tabid=73

All they had to do was something very similar for US Airways, just in spirit of air safety and investigation. They don't have to help or investigate, but just a little sympathy of prayers with flight crew and passengesr would have sufficed.

Go ALPA!
....and yet, miraculously, they seem to be doing fine without ALPA's thoughts and prayers. Can you imagine!

Text book performance by the entire crew. Congratulations on a fantastic job done safe as it could have been done.

CNBC reporter was making a big deal that the FAA said there was "bird activity in the vicinity of the airport."

Awesome job crew!

Great Job to that entire crew!.....and I just added McNugget to my ignore list

Latest resources

Back