• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air To Address Investor Concerns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The comparison between MDA and Ted & Song is not correct- Ted and Song were re-brandings where united and delta marketed a unique service WITHIN the same company- just a different product like Motorola has razors and Qs. MDA was clearly not that.

I believe you're right. About 8 years ago or so, US Air did have a me-too brand called Metrojet, or something like that. They painted their 200's in red and flew them up and down the east coast. We used to call them Tomato Jet. It was supposed to be like Ted or Song that had all coach class and flown as a part of mainline.

You took the MDA job knowing that it was not usair mainline. I believe it was clearly spelled out in the LOA that allowed MDA. I and many others did not go to MDA because we read the LOA, so we went elsewhere. So should we get longevity also because you want the rules changed? Unfortunately Nic looked at ALL the information and decided that due to the LOA and the very structure of MDA that you were indeed furloughed. Read the transcripts....oh I forgot the east MEC won't post them.

Please enlighten me as to how USAir was furloughing AND hiring at the same time? What do we do with the people like ALG flyer? He NEVER flew a mainline aircraft yet he wants longevity equal to a furloughed pilot that didn't go to MDA. Should he be senior to a furloughed pilot that took a corporate job KNOWING full well that MDA time did NOT add to mainline seniority. Where should he go in relation to a west pilot? Should he go in front of 2 or three hundred West pilots that did not fly for a WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARY?

MDA was different from what most consider a WOS like Comair, ASA (at the time), Eagle (for now), etc. Mainline certificate, call sign, dispatch, etc. Management's trechery and ALPA's indifference with regards to what is allowed to be outsourced aside, its not outsourcing when its insourced. Pay, fences and cross fleet biddability included. Oh and I never worked for MDA, so you don't have it all figured out. You are right about one thing though. USAirways was most certainlly not furloughing and hiring at the same time. That's my point. Not sure how or why you think its yours, but I'm glad we agree.

Latest resources

Back