• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air "Thanks but no Thanks" email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to see you got that email. I have no idea of the numbers of applicants or the hours they have. Though the announcement mentions ATP preferred. I would think that with all the retirements coming up, all the airlines will be soon be scrambling for pilots with your time and experience, ATP or not.

Starting 1 Aug 2013, an ATP will be required to be hired by any 121 carrier. http://www.atpflightschool.com/airl.../1500-hour-rule/1500-hour-rule-explained.html

1000pic isn't much and very few will get called before 3000-5000Tpic in today's market- it's not 1999 for sure- or even pre age 65 2007. Got any extras to stand out? Check pilot? Multiple types? Jet time? Glass/FMS? Master's? Special projects?
Actually, no. The likes of JetBlue and Spirit (and probably US Air too) are quickly learning that those with 1000+ turbine PIC bail out to "better" airlines (Fdx, SWA, etc) as soon as they start hiring. JetBlue isn't too happy with their bailouts. So, you are seeing tons of FOs or Captains with less than 1000 TPIC getting called. Simply put, these pilots cannot bail out to the likes of SWA or Fdx.

... So, you are seeing tons of FOs or Captains with less than 1000 TPIC getting called. Simply put, these pilots cannot bail out to the likes of SWA or Fdx.

To some extent, that's smart hiring...especially if growth is stagnent....

And the new-hires know this, since everyone is up to speed in the industry, so those folks know going in they will likely be in that seat, at that carrier for a fairly long time, or until the hiring mins shift.....

It's funny, the past few years I've been told I need more pic time before I apply. Now i'm told I have too much.

Actually, no. The likes of JetBlue and Spirit (and probably US Air too) are quickly learning that those with 1000+ turbine PIC bail out to "better" airlines (Fdx, SWA, etc) as soon as they start hiring. JetBlue isn't too happy with their bailouts. So, you are seeing tons of FOs or Captains with less than 1000 TPIC getting called. Simply put, these pilots cannot bail out to the likes of SWA or Fdx.

Im a bit unplugged these days- but this^^ has been around for a long time, and I haven't ever seen this rumor hold up- but by all means- apply to any job you think you might want, as soon as you can-
Just don't let that convince you that PIC time is not valuable in context to your career. Build a resume that shows you're always learning and always trying to better yourself- don't get too stagnant- and enjoy the ride along the way.

No he's right.....if "why the fock would anyone go to UsAirways" crosses your mind, please don't apply. Delta's right around the corner.

I applied a few Weeks ago but I haven't heard back from anyone either case. Did go to a job fair and talked to an he rep, Hope that helps me

Latest resources

Back