• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air "Thanks but no Thanks" email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMC, put it in context- where were you in the selection process?

What kinda TT and PIC are they wanting?

Dear ******,

Thank you for your interest in the Pilot - First Officer EMB190 position position at our Philadelphia location.

We are fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates. At this time, we have decided to move forward in the selection process with other candidates whose qualifications and experience fit more closely with the position.

Again, we appreciate the interest in our organization. If you are interested in other career opportunities with us, please visit our career site click here or copy and paste this link http://usairways.greatjob.net.

Kind regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways

**This is an automated response - please do not reply to this e-mail**

About how long after you applied did you get this e-mail?

What kinda TT and PIC are they wanting?

Dear ******,

Thank you for your interest in the Pilot - First Officer EMB190 position position at our Philadelphia location.

We are fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates. At this time, we have decided to move forward in the selection process with other candidates whose qualifications and experience fit more closely with the position.

Again, we appreciate the interest in our organization. If you are interested in other career opportunities with us, please visit our career site click here or copy and paste this link http://usairways.greatjob.net.

Kind regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways

**This is an automated response - please do not reply to this e-mail**

Sorry you got turned down. That pretty much looks like a boiler plate pound sand letter. Hope it goes well for you elsewhere.

First time I've ever seen a flush-letter naming a specific airframe and base.

Yeah, is kinda odd, especially since there are vacancies in the other bases on other equipment and supposedly someone in the training department said they will be training some new hires for those vacancies. Who knows?

First time I've ever seen a flush-letter naming a specific airframe and base.

I believe the job description list the E-190. The response is probably computer generated, hence the 190/PHL.

At least they send them out. A friend's wife works for a big accounting firm and she mentioned once they don't send out letters, not even an e-mail with a thank you. Guess the big four accounting firms are better than everyone else.

There's a lot to still consider- nothing personal here, looks like just not enough points on whatever system they use. Sometimes a lucky 1 or 2 will get chosen with low quals to give the candidate pool a variety.
You have a college degree? Skeletons? All basic numbers add up? Mistakes on the app?How much more than a 1000 pic- with a civilian or heavy mil background 1000pic isn't much and very few will get called before 3000-5000Tpic in today's market- it's not 1999 for sure- or even pre age 65 2007. Got any extras to stand out? Check pilot? Multiple types? Jet time? Glass/FMS? Master's? Special projects?
Best route is contact emerald coast and go over your quals- they'll be up to date on each airline's specific processes and advise you better than me or anyone here not named AlbieF15 -
http://www.emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com/

I've learned over the years that many pilots hired at various carriers can still be quite ignorant of the process. It's best to get vetted advice, and often not a bad idea to contact the carrier and ask them directly if they're open to it and it's possible. Shows initiative and confidence to want to find out from the source and not depend on rumor.
In the end, put pressure on your opportunities, and do your best to make sure it's not you or a silly mistake that gets you put back in the pile-
You'll land where you are supposed to.
Then relax. I've received that letter from a few carriers, both before and after interviewing. Very few of us on this board and anywhere in the career have not gotten this letter at some point- if not multiple times.
No need to sweat it out- just do your true best and you'll land on your feet.

Last edited:
wave - All I have done is the online app. Recieved the email a few days after saying no thanks.

Did you make sure to also the the second part of the application? The part where it asks about previous jobs, refs, school and ect.?

I've heard that if you don't fill it out within a few days it auto rejects you.

Latest resources

Back