• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air "Thanks but no Thanks" email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe a silly question but, on the application webpage when they ask all the recip. Engine airplanes flown ( PIC and SIC + DUAL). When you add the dual time received, it may also be PIC time too. So did you separate that Dual time from your PIC time? Or did you put the dual time that was also PIC time in both times?
Hopefully I made myself clear on that one...

Maybe a silly question but, on the application webpage when they ask all the recip. Engine airplanes flown ( PIC and SIC + DUAL). When you add the dual time received, it may also be PIC time too. So did you separate that Dual time from your PIC time? Or did you put the dual time that was also PIC time in both times?
Hopefully I made myself clear on that one...

I don't know the answer specifically, but as a general rule I like to make my numbers add up to avoid confusion. I would make it PIC+SIC+dual received = total time. Interviewers generally don't care about the legal mumbo jumbo regarding logging time, they just want to know what type of experience you actually have. And in this context, dual received is not the same as PIC.

I don't know the answer specifically, but as a general rule I like to make my numbers add up to avoid confusion. I would make it PIC+SIC+dual received = total time. Interviewers generally don't care about the legal mumbo jumbo regarding logging time, they just want to know what type of experience you actually have. And in this context, dual received is not the same as PIC.

Was a poor way of asking the question in the application. Talked to another applicant and it turned out we both put different kinds of times because we had no idea what they meant by "Dual" especially when they juxtaposed it to SIC. One put dual given and another put dual received.

But I think you're right in that when it all boils down to the nitty gritty, they just want to know what kind of flight experience you've had. So it may not be important either way.

Shout! Now that you mention dual given, I didn't even think of that... I was thinking about dual received.. Arriiite... Gonna have to call thz company directly to get some clarification I guess. Hopefully they'll let me talk to the peeps in charge of this.

Shout! Now that you mention dual given, I didn't even think of that... I was thinking about dual received.. Arriiite... Gonna have to call thz company directly to get some clarification I guess. Hopefully they'll let me talk to the peeps in charge of this.

Pleeeze be sure to include lingo inclusive to the words "dude", "bro", and "deetz"..............

What kinda TT and PIC are they wanting?

Dear ******,

Thank you for your interest in the Pilot - First Officer EMB190 position position at our Philadelphia location.

We are fortunate to have many well-qualified candidates. At this time, we have decided to move forward in the selection process with other candidates whose qualifications and experience fit more closely with the position.

Again, we appreciate the interest in our organization. If you are interested in other career opportunities with us, please visit our career site click here or copy and paste this link http://usairways.greatjob.net.

Kind regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways

**This is an automated response - please do not reply to this e-mail**

With all the hiring that will start taking place this time next year once age 65 retirements commence ,getting a letter like this from USAirways isn't neccesarily a bad thing. Good luck . Something tells me you can do better than USAir.

PHXFLYR

Get an answer for this- #'s adding up wrong, no matter how non-sensical the wording- may have generated this off a computer or not allowed your app to get past a secretary-
Emerald aviation will know or at least get a friend who flies there to get an answer.
I wouldn't assume a pilot gets to it until its down the line a bit- and even then they're looking for detail oriented professionals whose times add up- not always just a general glance at your basic totals.

Was a poor way of asking the question in the application. Talked to another applicant and it turned out we both put different kinds of times because we had no idea what they meant by "Dual" especially when they juxtaposed it to SIC. One put dual given and another put dual received.

But I think you're right in that when it all boils down to the nitty gritty, they just want to know what kind of flight experience you've had. So it may not be important either way.

Dual given is PIC. Dual received is neither PIC nor SIC.

With all the hiring that will start taking place this time next year once age 65 retirements commence ,getting a letter like this from USAirways isn't neccesarily a bad thing. Good luck . Something tells me you can do better than USAir.

PHXFLYR

I think when 65 hits you're going to see a lot of 8-12yr FOs on the west jump ship. That is unless something happens to unite the west/east and we get a contract. BBWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA! (wiping tears from eyes). Like I was saying, we'll finally see lots of movement on the west side.

Maybe it might be a good idea to jump ship if your young enough. But if you do, remember that any upgrades will be based on retirements only and therefore a lot slower. There really isn't any growth left in the market. I honestly think the days of the 7 year upgrade are pretty much a thing of the past.

PHXFLYR

Latest resources

Back