• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air firing pilot who's gun discharged

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The program and the way it is managed and administered sucks! No real law enforcement officer should have to carry around their gun in a lock box! So, anytime you subject someone to repeatedly handling the firearm, the chances of an AD increase. SOP's or not! The weapon should be holstered when they get dressed for work, and stay there until you need to draw it to kill someone.

Now THAT I completely agree with.

Gup

The program and the way it is managed and administered sucks! No real law enforcement officer should have to carry around their gun in a lock box!

You're right, real law enforcement officers don't have to carry their weapon in a locked box.

You are correct the program does suck.

Now if you want to be a "real law enforcement officer" change careers. Other wise those that want to be pretend officers have to abide by the absurd rules of the program.

I for 1 wish they would do away with the entire program.

Disclaimer: I spent 7 years as a law enforcement officer before changing careers. So I have seen both sides of the issue. I currently possess a CCW permit, so am not opposed to people carrying firearms. So if you want to be a LEO be one, if you want to be a pilot, be one. But I have yet to understand why anyone thinks they need to carry a firearm in the cockpit of an airliner in the case some one should happen to break through the cockpit door.

But I have yet to understand why anyone thinks they need to carry a firearm in the cockpit of an airliner in the case some one should happen to break through the cockpit door.

Agreed. I mean, what's the worst that could happen if a bad guy got into the cockpit?

:rolleyes:

Agreed. I mean, what's the worst that could happen if a bad guy got into the cockpit?

Has there been a single cockpit door breech since the post 9/11 reinforced doors were installed?

If there has, I'm not aware of it.

If you are going to argue that a crew needs to be armed to provide for the safety of the flight, then all crews need to be armed. What about the thousands of flights each day that are unarmed? Don't they deserve to be safe as well?

I was talking to a secret service guy the other day and he said FFDO procedures are going to create another AD in the future. He said all agencies have an AD on occasion. He even said they had one in the UN while the president was there a few years ago from a secret service guy. They should just put it on in the morning and take it off at night. Period. If it takes more training, then give them the training but stop this stupid procedure of locking and unlocking the item.

hahaha

USAPA came though and got his job back.

And you pecker heads can't stand it!

hahahahahahah

The crowning achievement of this organization is that they saved the job of a guy who shot a hole in the inside of an airplane while completely disregarding procedure for handling a firearm. What else have they achieved for the remainder of the pilot group? What promises made to you have they delivered on? Nothing. You must be very proud, sport.

Pecker heads? What are you, thirteen?

I was talking to a secret service guy the other day and he said FFDO procedures are going to create another AD in the future...... They should just put it on in the morning and take it off at night. Period. If it takes more training, then give them the training but stop this stupid procedure of locking and unlocking the item.

And when it does, let's hope it is only a hole in the side of an airplane and not a dead crew member or ramp agent putting in the chocks.

hahaha

USAPA came though and got his job back.

And you pecker heads can't stand it!

hahahahahahah[/

This peckerhead says;

1. He should be sh*tcanned for not following SOPs

2. You should get you ass kicked for using "peckerhead". What are ya some kind of redneck?

Latest resources

Back