• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air firing pilot who's gun discharged

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Quick Draw McGraw's" personal procedure was to remove the weapon completely and place it on the glare shield during flight.

Holy @#$%! That's not dumb..that's down right scary.

Well, at first my thinking was, really tough to excuse an accidental discharge.

Then I watched the video.

YBSM!, they make you run the shackle of a padlock through the trigger guard? Of a loaded gun? a loaded gun with no safety? while it's in a holster and you can't see the trigger? And you do this every time you get up? WTH came up with that plan?

Now I'm just surprised that we've only had one AD in the FFDO program.

There have been a couple more AD's in the process of requal and initial training, not to mention the likely numerous AD's in the comfort of someones home which we never hear about.

That lock and holster provide additional proof that the people in government are jackasses.

Additionally, it is very frustrating that in the Homeland security bill of 2008 there was an amendment to train the ffdo's to carry concealed with no lock immediately. At the very last minute it was changed to making the program start a pilot project to look into the possibility of having the ffdo's carry.

I don't think you guys should be talking about the specifics of the procedures on an public website...and for a change coming from me that's not just opinion-seems like there are some regulations about it!

He's getting it. HaHa!
Wow, more proof that pilots can survive without ALPO!

No, he's not. The arbitrator specifically ruled that no back pay would be awarded. Well done, Seham and USAPA.

The unvarnished truth of why he was given his job back.

Sully needed someone to ride "Shotgun"

Since the guy had proven he could hit something flying in the air, he was allowed back to insure no more geese could get near Sully's plane.

It's well known that Canadian Geese have it out for Sully now !!

This comes from very "High UP"

F

Doesn't this situation beg the question, which is more likely to happen the "inadvertent" discharging of a firearm by a pilot or another hijacking. I would bet there will be more "Accidents" before hijack attempts.

The correct term is "negligent discharge." Notwithstanding the absurdity of the buffoons at the TSA rewriting the book on firearms safety, the flaws in the holster were a known issue that could have been mitigated with a higher standard of care.

Latest resources

Back