• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Us air app

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yesterday I spoke with a Captain who not only conducts interviews but also is working hard at making the on-line application better. He said the company is strictly adhering to what they believe is a fair process so there is no "good old boys club" anymore. My opinion is that we will have system bids with vacancies (new hires) almost every month for a decade.

It looks like a wild ride ahead. I just hope the attrition keeps up at the possibly combined AA/US to keep us newhires off the street, especially if anything close to DOH is used in any potential merger.

It looks like a wild ride ahead. I just hope the attrition keeps up at the possibly combined AA/US to keep us newhires off the street, especially if anything close to DOH is used in any potential merger.

I think you're on the mark with attrition. As long as no significant issues effecting all legacy carriers occur (Another economic meltdown, Raising the retirement age to 70, etc), it's hard to imagine hiring won't continue at or greater than the current rate, even with a merger. I wouldn't worry too much about DOH, either. A small group of fanatical proponents continue to insist it's the only fair way to integrate but reality can be painful. Besides, McCaskill-Bond legislation trumps union constitution...especially when that constitution was written after the legislation when into effect. Fences, while creating some long term issues, will probably be implemented to provide some sort of career expectation protection for both sides (*USAir and merger partner..if that come to pass. Not East/West, that ship sailed a long time ago). Welcome to USAir...I think once the monkey s**t fight is over, it will actually be a pretty good place to work.

Last edited:
I applied in August the first day of the first window. Have the view directions, but no call or email or an update to the view directions.

I applied in August the first day the window opened and my application is under review and the view direction link is displayed, but no call to interview or rejection email yet. Keeping my hopes up and staying positive.

Latest bid results are out. 3rd list 07 hires have been awarded FO 75/76 PHL. The pay rates suck but same group is only missing E190 Capt by 70ish numbers. The place has its issues but if you can ignore the azz hats on FI you will realize its not all that bad. Of course any and all things could change tomorrow. It is the airlines after all. Good Luck.
Now que the azz hats in; 3,2,1

Last edited:
some news agencies are reporting the merger is very close. a festivus miracle

Well the news agencies know probably as much as the rest of us. I personally think it's probably not going to happen anymore, at least while AMR is still in bankruptcy. I think the merger will happen on AMRs terms once they exit.

Latest bid results are out. 3rd list 07 hires have been awarded FO 75/76 PHL. The pay rates suck but same group is only missing E190 Capt by 70ish numbers. The place has its issues but if you can ignore the azz hats on FI you will realize its not all that bad. Of course any and all things could change tomorrow. It is the airlines after all. Good Luck.
Now que the azz hats in; 3,2,1

Also it looks like there are now more unfilled positions for all narrow body fleets in all bases than the original bid called for.

Latest resources

Back