Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" Best time to get a job at US Airways."

That window passed about 22 years ago.

Sadly....even if you got hired THEN....You have had a World of Krap come down on you.

I'm thinking maybe a 1968 ( Allegheny ) Hire Date may have worked out better...You would have been on top of the world for about 20 years.

Yeah Baby!

WL

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers cross. Best time to get a job at US Airways.
And that's a good thing?

You won't even get a chance to vote on a raise until the cabal of senior F/O's that controls USAPA has eaten their fill from the attrition trough and relented to allow you to scurry for scraps.

If you enjoy any of the aspects of flying for a living, especially the camraderie and esprit de corps that makes the long days away form home a little more bearable, then this is not the place for you. Expect a generation of folks who won't ride in the same crew van, who will constantly try to polarize the cabin crew along east-west lines and will stoop to turning in fellow crew members anonymously for any infraction, no matter how minor.

The actual US Civil War didn't last as long as the US version and there was at least an attempt at reconstruction afterwards. Here the earth has been salted by those who don't care anything about anyone but themselves.

So, I ask again, what appeals to you about US that isn't jeopardized by USAPA?

Keeping my fingers cross. Best time to get a job at US Airways.

It's a good time to be hired at any major, including USAir. Our Marc bid has 120 new hires. That's just the March bid. We expect over 300 for the year.

In my opinion, TheBird is grossly exaggerating things. I never see any issues on the line. All the crews I fly with are great and I never see anyone acting unprofessional. I suppose YMMV.

Who knows what will happen if AA and LCC merge, but since AA is recalling 40 per month it would appear things are looking up, subject to whatever economic realities occur.

Goods luck.

AA recalling en masse doesn't bode well for DOH, especially when the majority refers to themselves as "nAAtives".

When crews are mixed east and west it won't be exactly as I predict in my previous post. It will be worse.

Oh, and one other thing for prospective new hires: The west class has been retained. This is important when damages against those not in the west class are handed down. And that would include new hires. USAPA will shuffle it's feet, blame the west and then assess the paychecks of every east pilot, even those fresh off probation.

Just something to consider when your when the east is giving you a sunshine enema.

A few on the West are spring loaded to threaten anyone and everyone that they perceive might be getting what they deserve. (The threats are only here on message boards). Threats and more threats. For seven years they have been barking over the Internet.

New hires don't need to worry about threats. Just ignore the whole squabble, refuse to take sides, and enjoy the flying.

Make trip sheets for the FAs, sign the crews into the hotels, and take care of the FAs during quick turns by offering to get them something to eat since they don't have time to get off the plane. And smile once in a while since you have a new and exciting job. :D

People need to know of this unjust, plain and simple. I don't give a rat's what anyone rationalizes. The west played by the rules given and got thrown down a $hithole for it.

Had an east capt js from San-Phl the other day. He was "astonished" (not exagerating using that word) that I was an 8 yr FO still on reserve.

Astonished as in "I would have never voted for USAPA if I knew it would be this destructive" or as in "a drunk driver on a steamroller sure can make a mess of an innocent pedestrian. Glad I'm not him."?

AA recalling en masse doesn't bode well for DOH, especially when the majority refers to themselves as "nAAtives".

When crews are mixed east and west it won't be exactly as I predict in my previous post. It will be worse.

Oh, and one other thing for prospective new hires: The west class has been retained. This is important when damages against those not in the west class are handed down. And that would include new hires. USAPA will shuffle it's feet, blame the west and then assess the paychecks of every east pilot, even those fresh off probation.

Just something to consider when your when the east is giving you a sunshine enema.

Total horse crap.

Pay no attention to the carnival barker begging for attention.

Total horse crap.

Pay no attention to the carnival barker begging for attention.

For seven years they have been yelling "final and binding" but they have been all the way to the SCOTUS and not one court will enforce a disputed and disgraced arbitration that was from a former, decertified union.

Their threats are powerless. The majority has nothing to worry about.

Latest resources

Back