kwick

USA 3000 to fly Spirit routes?

Is USA 3000 taking delivery of
A320s to fly routes for Spirit?

If Spirit strikes, would USA 3000
pilots cross the picket lines to
fly Spirit routes?

Last edited:
Don't think you need to worry about this "rumor".

USA 3000 Pilots are Teamsters and I seriously doubt they would cross a picket line.
Their fleet is shrinking... Morale is in the toilet... Wonderboy CEO Steve Harfst is doing his best to beat down the pilot group and torpedo the airline.

being a Teamster at USA3000 means absolutely nothing with regards to crossing or not crossing a picket line. I've seen my share of card carrying ALPA guys cross the line........Teamster pilots are no different.
Just ask a few of the guys that are at the top of the list at AirTran.......The funny thing is, it worked out well for them.....They crossed an ALPA line several years ago....now in the top 3% of a different ALPA carrier.
Picket lines will always be crossed..................

Would some of them? Absolutely! Most of who is left are the "independents", those who either have no allegiance to any U.S. airline or the U.S. itself, if you catch my meaning. The item of note is after April there will be only about 50 of them left. That can't be too big of a threat. I would say for those who are riding the gravy train there, that the track is about to run out.

Would some of them? Absolutely! Most of who is left are the "independents", those who either have no allegiance to any U.S. airline or the U.S. itself, if you catch my meaning. The item of note is after April there will be only about 50 of them left. That can't be too big of a threat. I would say for those who are riding the gravy train there, that the track is about to run out.

Unfortunately, you are probably right. This was one of the best airlines that I have worked at. Great airplanes, well maintained, flight attendants were very cool and the passengers were in a great mood most of the time. Sad to see it go.......

I wouldn't worry to much about them.I believe they are down to 4 or 5 A/C and they are closing Ft. Myers the end of March which was one one their bigger bases.

Stick a fork in them they are done.

Here is one furloughed U3K guy who would not take a recall to fly struck work.

One question though - if this is Apple Vacations contract flying that Spirit is doing, and U3K is owned by Apple, and we were furloughed due to Apple outsourcing our flying to other carriers, if Apple brings the flying back in house to where it belongs, where do we stand? Flying struck work, or U3K pilots getting back flying that belongs to them as Apple Vacations employees that was outsourced?

I think it is a legit question. If a major airline furloughs pilots and outsources routes to a regional, if that regional then strikes and the major wants to bring back the furloughed guys to fly mainline equipment back on their original routes, who is right in that situation?

Just for clarification though, I do not think this is going to happen, and I am employed at another carrier. Just curious for discussions sake.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back