UPT Checkride busts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RD,

Yes, by my explaination you would be out of the woods if you failed the oral part...up to you and your conscience to decide to disclose or not.

Personally, we spend a lot of time and energy trying to match our experiences with the expected questions. I for one would welcome an easy answer like this one...it happened a long time ago and I was able to learn and change habit patterns due to it.

As for whether it is an official bust by the letter of the law/policy, voting won't help. Call the FSDO or respective HR department to get their spin on it. In fact, the latter might be the best solution to determine whether to put it on the app or not, if you've got the cajones to do it.

I fully believe that you have nothing to lose by using the story and everything to lose by hiding it.

RedDogC130 said:
Well, what if you did not have to do the flight over. Getting an UNSAT for a "oral" issue. If it were with the FAA you would have to do the whole thing over. The military...not really the same case. So for your response. I am right not to disclose it. There was never a 2nd ride. Not record of anything that the airline would have access to, even from the info I had given them. For those what have flown in the military and civilian like myself, please vote, are the rides in UPT progress checks or check rides in your mind? Not that it will change anyhing but curious? Thanks...yes I lied and said I was done with it. If someone agrees with me mabye I will leave...I see a trend here, I may be here for awhile
Please seek counseling. That FAIP left some horrible scars on you.

And, believe it or not, guys bust FAA type-rides for orals as well. It's still considered a 'checkride bust'. Are you starting to see the connection?

But busting an oral during an FAA checkride makes you re-do the entire event. The 2 are not the same..b/c you are not getting a rating or anything out of it during UPT. You would need to go through the process to understand. It does not matter, anyway anymore..I have the job I want. Thanks for the opinion RJP, you always have great advice...this site owes you everything.

RedDogC130 said:
You would need to go through the process to understand.
Betcha I had more 'prog checks' than you did in an 18-month period. Never busted one either. But I didn't go through the same track as you so maybe I'm wrong.

I guess it really comes down to where and what you are flying now. Betcha mine is bigger than yours....

RedDogC130 said:
I guess it really comes down to where and what you are flying now. Betcha mine is bigger than yours....
Good one. But it's not how big it is, it's how you use it. At least that's what I've heard.

You're quite the verbal assassin. I bet your crew loves you....

Latest resources

Back