UPT advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Future SNA said:
Almost forgot, whoever said to "expect" to fail at least one flight was wrong in my opinion. There were about 4 people in my class of 27 that didn't fail flights, why be one of those 23, passing all your flights is not something difficult, you should expect it of yourself.
with the right mindset and attitude i dont see why not

Crap, FOUR minutes of yakking about the heat? That's a half tank of gas in a -38.

Seriously though, be prepared for that kind of guy. That's where being a duck will come in handy.

One thing we did was "fly" formation in the parking lot with a guy who was two classes in front of us. We just did it on our feet and reacted to the flight lead. It sounds cheesy, but it helped with the basics. This was all before our first form ride ever happened. He also helped us with -37 flows. That was very helpful as well. Get to know some guys ahead of you so you'll get little tidbits of gouge like that. Chairfly alot. Don't ever takeoff on a sortie without first having gone through it in your mind.

Enid was great!

Good luck Flyinghigh! I wish I were in your shoes. I got selected two years ago and got DQd for excessive refractive error. I don't even wear glasses! Still trying to this day to find a way to get there.

falconvalley said:
Good luck Flyinghigh! I wish I were in your shoes. I got selected two years ago and got DQd for excessive refractive error. I don't even wear glasses! Still trying to this day to find a way to get there.

What's your refraction? If its within the pre-op limits, you could get PRK and get a waiver. Its not that hard.

how old are you?

good luck.

falconvalley said:

were you trying for usaf? i think the usn has different qualifications...you can try there as well

Yeah, I've got some advice. Go to Sheppard for UPT. A student that wouldn't graduate UPT at any of the other UPT bases will get an F-15C outa there! It's a total joke. The washout rate is less than 0.5%. You've got a better chance of getting run over by a bus than not making it through there. It's just like the selection process for the Israeli Air Force....only different!

Malter1 said:
Yeah, I've got some advice. Go to Sheppard for UPT. A student that wouldn't graduate UPT at any of the other UPT bases will get an F-15C outa there! It's a total joke. The washout rate is less than 0.5%. You've got a better chance of getting run over by a bus than not making it through there. It's just like the selection process for the Israeli Air Force....only different!

I think I have merged with a couple of these guys who missed the bus by just a RCH.

Fish

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back