Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahha.. I think it's pretty funny!

cfrey79 said:
One more piece of advice. Don't wear a small patch below your pen pocket that says "Guard Waiver"....... Your IPs won't think it's funny

If his screen name is indicative of his squadron's mission, it should be easy to figure out for the rest of y'all.

malterf15 said:
Excellent points by all. Even uppercrust is half right.

Here's an important tidbit:
You're not there just to get wings...you're there to learn to be an outstanding pilot.
So don't go the easy way and study all the gouge. Go directly to the manuals. Gouge will teach you what answers to give. The manuals explain why. Get in the habit now so your understanding of flying concepts is your own, not a regurgitation of someone else's work.
This will pay off in UPT, and more importantly when you're executing a mission your country is depending on you for.

I'm being half serious though!!;)

1.) Don't forget what you've learned as a civilian, whoever says that is full of it. Just incorporate the two together..appropriately..to help you get the BIG picture. IE the bs comm's you learn at UPT that you ONLY use at your UPT base.
2.) Don't be the guy with 1000 hours that sucks and gets helo's, you'll make us all look bad and we'll lose our clout.
3.) Do it their way, not yours, make friends with the scheduler, he'll fly you with the good IP's, Reserve IP's are the shiznit, take the salty old timer with you on a cross-country, I promise he'll hook you up(he's making $$ and they like that).
4.)Enid is a great base, friendly people, AWESOME gym, whoever said otherwise hasn't been anywhere else.

Have thick skin. Unfortunately there isn't time to pat you on the back for every good maneuver you accomplish. The emphasis will be on correcting mistakes, especially the dangerous ones. Be a duck and let the negative stuff roll off your back, while being a sponge and absorbing the knowledge, wit and wisdom of your instructors. We love flying and teaching and a good attitude is a million times better than a pair of golden hands. If you go to Columbus, give me a holla.

Almost forgot, whoever said to "expect" to fail at least one flight was wrong in my opinion. There were about 4 people in my class of 27 that didn't fail flights, why be one of those 23, passing all your flights is not something difficult, you should expect it of yourself.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back